Suggestions

The problem with ringslinger is that it makes the character non-standard in Match/CTF. You either keep the custom projectile, which means the character might get an unfair advantage, or you force it back to a regular red ring, which defeats the purpose of playing with the character at all.

The problem with ringslinger is that it makes the character non-standard in Match/CTF. You either keep the custom projectile, which means the character might get an unfair advantage, or you force it back to a regular red ring, which defeats the purpose of playing with the character at all.
Then maybe add a flag to disable characters in certain gamemodes, like is currently done with SP? Or, y'know, server operators could remove that character (and their projectile) from the server when in Match. I feel like that sort of thing is something the people who run the server should worry about, not the devs.
EDIT: You could also add the option to set the custom projectile to come up in place of a given special ring, then give them the red ring by default. That way, they can still use their projectile, but they have to work for it.

Since there'll be a ghost feature in next version's time attack, will there be any chance of racing the ghosts of the devs?

After seeing the impersonation topic, is there a way that usernames could be "registered"?

I remember a long time ago Cue tried to do SRB2Live(?). I have no idea what happened to it.

Anyone bring up the idea of a map rotation implement so that servers like dedicated ones don't get stuck on one single gametype all day?

Anyone bring up the idea of a map rotation implement so that servers like dedicated ones don't get stuck on one single gametype all day?
Perhaps, they could implement some kind of "scheduler". A dedicated server would "execute" some kind of script that works like a schedule.

Code:
//Dedicated server cfg schedule
LOOP = 1
RANDOM = 0

SCHEDULEITEM 1
TIME = <h:min> or <tics>
GAMETYPE = 0
MAP = M1
MSG_START = "Starting deathmatch rotation"
MSG_END = "Switching to race in 5 minutes or when this level ends."

SCHEDULEITEM 2
GAMETYPE = 2
MAP = R1
MSG_START = "Starting race rotation"
MSG_END = "Switching to co-op in 5 minutes or when this level ends."

(...)

SCHEDULEITEM 10
EXECUTECOMMAND = "quit"

Last edited:
Perhaps, they could implement some kind of "scheduler". A dedicated server would "execute" some kind of script that works like a schedule.

Code:
//Dedicated server cfg schedule
LOOP = 1
RANDOM = 0

SCHEDULEITEM 1
GAMETYPE = 0
MAP = M1
MSG_START = "Starting deathmatch rotation"
MSG_END = "Switching to race in 5 minutes or when this level ends."

SCHEDULEITEM 2
GAMETYPE = 2
MAP = R1
MSG_START = "Starting race rotation"
MSG_END = "Switching to co-op in 5 minutes or when this level ends."

(...)

SCHEDULEITEM 10
EXECUTECOMMAND = "quit"

Does this actually work? o.o

After seeing the impersonation topic, is there a way that usernames could be "registered"?

I remember a long time ago Cue tried to do SRB2Live(?). I have no idea what happened to it.
I've always wondered how viable it would be to implement a version of tripcodes (like the kind on imageboards) in SRB2. Good for verifying an identity without requiring any actual registration.

This may seem pointless, but I was actually wondering if in SRB2 Workbench/Doom Builder or some other map editor, there could be an area in the window which tells you whether the level has the qualities of a joke level or not, and there would be an 'OLDC-lock' preventing joke levels to be submitted into the OLDC, not that joke levels are taken seriously anyway, but there obviously have still been some like 'Teh Awsumest Level Zone'

The qualities you seek are not quantifiable in terms a computer program could easily understand.

But if you can search for any rings that aren't Deaf'd, that'd be a start. I believe you can already do this, too.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back