[Open Assets] SRB2 Riders 2.46.5

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1ojdjy

Apparently, my web site got suspended. Most likely because I was using as a hosting site. In the meantime, you've got the files on the Attachments, the music on Megaupload, and the DB CFG on SendSpace. Hopefully, I won't need a new temporary site for uploads, and I've luckily kept a backup of my web pages on my PC.

I suggest you get a Dropbox account. 2 gigs worth of easily updatable space and easy sharing options too. I've been using it to mirror my wads.

I don't know if somebody already said this, but whenever I go up the wooden plank in Digital Dimension, by doing a high trick in the first ramp, I get a segment violation.

On the very first ramp? Well you gotta be a little bit more specific on what exactly you're doing. When you hold Jump to do a high trick, is it when you release Jump, or in the middle of the trick? And check if you also get a crash when you try the same thing on the other ramps.

Storm the Albatross will, at this rate, never be finished. Ever.

Anyways, CZ64, have you ever considered adding powerups from BD Joe Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing? The Megahorn would basically be the Armageddon shield but with no flash, shorter range, and done multiple times in a row. The Confusion Star may also be possible. Possibly the Pocket Rainbow as well?

On the very first ramp? Well you gotta be a little bit more specific on what exactly you're doing. When you hold Jump to do a high trick, is it when you release Jump, or in the middle of the trick? And check if you also get a crash when you try the same thing on the other ramps.

Well I jumped in the farthest part of the ramp (it's shinier than the rest of the ramp somehow), and was rocketing myself into the upper path, but before I could step on it, I got the error.

As far as I know in terms of mapping, it may be an error that occurs when you get into a certain sector, but I don't know.

After playing Mario Kart mode for a little bit, it's actually kind of inspired me to start playing Mario Kart Wii again. I haven't touched that game in AGES. ;_;

Oh and also:
Anyways, CZ64, have you ever considered adding powerups from BD Joe Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing? The Megahorn would basically be the Armageddon shield but with no flash, shorter range, and done multiple times in a row. The Confusion Star may also be possible. Possibly the Pocket Rainbow as well?

I highly support this.

Would I be ignorant if I said most of the horrible Mario Kart maps currently in the mod should be replaced with the maps DOOD64 and the others made with the fixes and actual cups? Would I? And on the subjects of items you should add the Feather Jump from Super Mario Kart, it would allow map makers to create unique shortcuts and make things more interesting, and seems like a simple thing to add in. Are you also planning on balancing out the items next version?

Suggestions for Mario Kart mode:
Items should have much more knock back, like SMK and MK64, ESPECIALLY for bombs. It'd make things much more interesting, and would make shells much more beneficial. Right now when I throw a shell at someone, they just instantly accelerate again as if nothing happened. Also, it should take a little longer to gain momentum (If that's possible to even fix).

Last edited:
It's funny you mention fixes because...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/riderslevels_MK_fix.ridr

I've had this for awhile, but I stopped working on it. It doesent change much in the maps, but the changes I made fix quite a bit. Here's what I can remember off the top of my head...

- Maps that had friction sectors before but didn't have them in 2.0 now have their friction sectors back.
- Azure City has checkpoints around the current checkpoints and has a roadblock to prevent going down that one road that is heavily implied to be a shortcut but isn't.
- There were changes to Dusty Dunes, but apparently I messed them up somehow and Dusty Dunes needs additional fixes as well. I may fix this map at some point.
- Battleship Halberd's main road has a different side texture so you can actually tell where the road ends. This map WAS supposed to have the tune Meta Knight's Revenge from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but the loop was off so I removed it.

...There were more changes (I think) but I forgot them. I highly suggest you add these changes.

Last edited:
SRB2 Riders was finally made for 2.0?
... How long have I been gone? Loved that mod back when it was a mod for the old version of SRB2.
I'll install it as soon as I start going on SRB2 again.
Either way, I'm glad its back. :3

I Have a problem.
In a jump pad, to go on higher roads,i press up (or down) but,it still wont want to go to higher roads.Help?

I Have a problem.
In a jump pad, to go on higher roads,i press up (or down) but,it still wont want to go to higher roads.Help?

You need to hold jump before you see the ramp. As you get near it, hold the direction and release jump. If you timed it so that you let go of jump right on the edge of the jump pad, you'll get on the better path. The longer you hold the jump button beforehand will give you better trick ranks and air.

No DOOD, that's definately not how it works. Why does everyone think it's this way?? It's actually: the earlier you jump from a ramp, the higher you go. Jumping from the very edge will only make you jump the lowest possible. Always jump the earliest you can on a ramp. Also, the longer you hold and release jump on a ramp determines your trick rating.

No DOOD, that's definately not how it works. Why does everyone think it's this way?? It's actually: the earlier you jump from a ramp, the higher you go. Jumping from the very edge will only make you jump the lowest possible. Always jump the earliest you can on a ramp. Also, the longer you hold and release jump on a ramp determines your trick rating.

...How does that make ANY sense? Wouldn't doing it on the EDGE make it work due to the greater risk involved in doing it later? That sounds really unconventional.

Regardless, we're both wrong; when you release changes nothing. All that matters is holding forward and releasing jump after any amount of time. Charge time only determines trick rank.

Required fix: Player speed boost flames hurt the player that made them. If you happened to boost from checkpoint drop into a pit, when you boost again you hit your own flame.

This wouldn't be a problem, but as cloud cradle would show, you can fall backward into a pit from this.

And a word for future map makers for mariokart mode: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T USE ANY OF THE DEFAULT MAPS EXCEPT AZURE CITY AS AN EXAMPLE. (They all suuuuuuuuuuck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back