• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Hat's experiments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smol

Socially awkward.
So now i have an editing thread. I've been doing a lot away from releases that probably might benefit from showing.

I'll share some of my older projects/experiments as well, but heres what i've mainly been working on for now:

iZ053wR.gif

It's based on super monkey ball, but i don't have a major direction for it otherwise.
I'd like to hear your feedback!

Last edited:
I really like the idea of a mini map.... its like it needs to be in 2.2....

Anyways it does looks pretty rough as it is and it is sticking out the boundary box. Plus that line in the middle looks like a weird.... input data thing for movement.

That's a pretty cool way to impliment a visual indicator of how the map would be tilting in Super Monkey Ball (I assume that's what this is supposed to be) and it looks like it'd be fun to play around with!

I'm gonna follow the crowd when saying this, but; I too think the idea of a "mini-map" is a really smart and innovative creation, it should be something included in 2.2 or any other major update in the foreseeable future.

How would it work in Eggrock and Castle Eggman? I strongly recall someone was working on something similar to this, and gave up due to the larger levels messing with it

Holy shit Super Monkey Ball in SRB2. All my dreams keep coming true.

How would it work in Eggrock and Castle Eggman? I strongly recall someone was working on something similar to this, and gave up due to the larger levels messing with it

I also ran into the same problems.
Big maps do get really bad, so i actually came up with a method to help that!

Maps just use a slower framerate based on their amount of lines.
ayNAtqL.gif

I'm sure there are better ways to do this mini-map that would get rid of the need for drawing slower, but i think its good for now.

Last edited:
Woah the map looks much better.

I can live with lag on the mini map then in game

I also ran into the same problems.
Big maps do get really bad, so i actually came up with a method to help that!

Maps just use a slower framerate based on their amount of lines.
ayNAtqL.gif

I'm sure there are better ways to do this mini-map that would get rid of the need for drawing slower, but i think its good for now.

Wow!! This is absolutely perfect!! I wonder i there would be some kind of way to get Super Monkey Ball special stages into the game? Not that the NiGHTS stages are fun, but the SMB special stages were a BLAST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back