The 4th chaos emerald and beyond can't be get in OpenGl rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafeku

Casual Player
Well I'm "new" here, and new is into quotes cuz I play this game for four years, and just now I made a forum account. Anyways, to the point: The special stage doesn't load the capsule containing the Chaos Emerald. You can loop the stage and it's not loaded. If you people look here(jump to 8:53), the capsule is there, but in OpenGL it just doesn't spawn. Is there some way to do a Hotfix for this? I really hate playing in Software rendering.

Last edited by a moderator:
ss4capsuleshows.png
ss5capsuleshows.png

Could not reproduce. What version and/or addons are you using, and can you provide screenshots, a gif, a video, or a replay of the issue? Have you actually confirmed that the issue is openGL related, and if so, how?

Last edited:
Also, it would be useful if you give information about your computer as well, since it might be based on the video card, perhaps.

Found problem: It's graphical

I was just using music_remade.wad(I want to get the extras).
Mah Specs:
Geforce GTX460SE(latest drivers)
intel Core I3 3.3GHz
4GB RAM
resolution of 1440*900

Also look at this:I'm in the capsule right now abut it's not showing. That's the problem. And no there's no model assigned to that capsule, so it would just show the 2D sprite, but here is not the case, after the 4th level

EDIT: OKay now I've found the problem: For some reason, when I enable the MD2, the sprite just disappear. Can someone tell me the name of the sprite, so I can disable it on my "MD2.dat"?

Attachments

• Graphical GLITCH!.jpg
    Graphical GLITCH!.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Do you have the capsule listed in your MD2.dat? if it is, it causes the game to look for a model, if you don't have a model in your MD2 folder to fill this slot (or any slot for that matter), it causes the game to render nothing instead of a sprite.

Do you have the capsule listed in your MD2.dat? if it is, it causes the game to look for a model, if you don't have a model in your MD2 folder to fill this slot (or any slot for that matter), it causes the game to render nothing instead of a sprite.

Apparently he already knows that.

About the Ideya Capture sprite name and other stuff:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Ideya_Capture

Sprite name is SPR_CAPS.

Well thing is, I don't have the MD2 listed in the MD2 dat...unless if it is MTEX.md2... Can someone just tell me the name of the MD2? everything(except for chars) are in four letters, and the wiki didn't help me in anything

The name is CAPS
So, just delete "CAPS CAPS.MD2 3.0 0.0" in your md2.dat file

SRB2Wiki said:
Object info - MT_EGGCAPSULE

Thing number: 1710
Object number: MT_EGGCAPSULE
Sprite name prefix: CAPS

The value listed in the MD2.dat must be CAPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back