Jeck Jims' MD2s 2.0's Final Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past year was spent working with SBR2Kart krew on perfecting the best set of SRB2 Models I can put out. Starting fresh with the release of the Sryder13's new OpenGL EXE mod, I want to focus on classic character represntations for now. The supported releases on this thread will be found in all .zips except the "archives.zip". This special .zip contains all work released on this thread that I have no plans to update in the near future. Please refrain from commenting on the content in it, as they are unsupported at this time. I would love feedback on the classic characters being released/updated this time around though.​

Whats new?​

All new Sonic
attachment.php

Based on the sprites and animations used in srb2 itself. Merging what works best with the sprites with the potential of model's animation, I believe to have created a sonic model that has accuracy without sacrificing goods tastes.

All new Tails
attachment.php

Using Iceman404's take on Srb2's tails, I've attempted to create something that looks adorable. While his walk animations are unique, his running and flying tails' animations have been giving cartoon like effects that are true to the sprites!

Improved Knuckles
attachment.php

It's hard to improve when you get it so right the first time, but MotorRoach and myself worked together to match our animations between Chuckles.wad and this new Knuckles.md2

Of course, other classic characters have been fixed up for this release:
Amy - Appearing in modern clothing
Shadow
Silver
Mighty
Bean
Blaze
Hinote
Metal Sonic
Metal Knuckles
Cream
Espio
Rosy the Rascal
Super Sonic

Also being included in the classic character pack is:
New shield model (SORB, no texture is used)
New End Sign

SEE THEM IN USE:

Last edited:
New question: are the eggman boss md2s fixed and playable? Also, what is Sharp's md2 code?

Last edited:
I havent tested them with Sryder13's new exe yet, they SHOULD be.
(Eggman is new on my to-fix-up list FYI)

Last edited:
All new Sonic
attachment.php

Based on the sprites and animations used in srb2 itself. Merging what works best with the sprites with the potential of model's animation, I believe to have created a sonic model that has accuracy without sacrificing goods tastes.

Does anyone else look at this Sonic and think of This Sonic?
Seriously though, these md2 are beautiful. Sonic is cute, Tails is cute, Knuckles looks like Chuckles and a lot of the md2 enemies like the crawlas and sharps are well made and look like their 2D counterpart.

Last edited:
I just realised I only said Sonic's colour. What I meant to say was SUPER Sonic's colour. You probably knew already though.

Where is the Sharp and goop md2s? It isn't in the .rar files and if i activate the game without it, they're is INVISIBLE. They will screw you over in levels if that happens...

Last edited:
The supersonic.md2 activates when you become super as sonic, try using the smvx wad or become super sonic, you will get the textures then

That can't be the case because Super Sonic is not used in the md2.dat at all. And Super Sonic is still just a part of Sonic.

Except that isn't the Supersonic md2. That's just the classic Sonic md2. It works the same way Shuffle Sonic does, in that it has a second model with its own texture that comes out specifically for the super frames.

Except that isn't the Supersonic md2. That's just the classic Sonic md2. It works the same way Shuffle Sonic does, in that it has a second model with its own texture that comes out specifically for the super frames.

Probably just to use for the Supersonic wad if you want to, considering it has it's own set of animations that are the same way as other MD2 models, except with the word "super" added at the end. Maybe it was just as a little bonus?
EDIT: Made a copy of the Sonic texture and called it SUPERSONIC.PNG, used super sonic model with the supersonic skin and it works perfectly! Using it with no texture seems to load a texture in misfit model 3d, which seems to be sonic's texture, but makes it invisible in-game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back