Fixed Being stuck in the wall glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlasterGuy

A.K.A. TheSonicMaster580
Hey guys! I just want to let you guys know that there was a glitch in ACZ1 and RVZ1 where the player would get stuck in a certain part of a wall. The gifs can show you so you can know what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 511
  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 301
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 305
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
Last I checked, this happens to pretty much every wall in the game. At least, it did in 2.0.x, anyway - not sure if it got fixed in 2.1. Don't think it happened in 1.09.4, though.

Well I think it should be fixed up for future versions of SRB2 because this glitch just looks unrealistic.

Hmm... I thought they fixed the issues regarding the thok barrier with the updated collision code... Unless the thok barrier is less than a fracunit wide at those points, which may be possible.

Well I think it should be fixed up for future versions of SRB2 because this glitch just looks unrealistic.

This glitch has to do with the angling of linedefs/vertices and an object's collision with said surfaces. If there's a fix for it at all, other than re-arranging the buggy linedef, it sure as hell isn't easy to do.

This glitch is related to the nodesbuilding, and is very, very hard to fix. When we find it in a place where it's severely disruptive we try to rearrange the stage to fix it, but otherwise it's not worth fixing every single case.

DigitalFlawedKusimanse.gif

oops I fixed it

(For those curious, the issue was in SRB2's built-in blockmap generator, which is used when the map is too big for a nodesbuilder to generate the blockmap. LineInBlock was throwing out false negatives, causing certain diagonal linedefs to not be added to the blockmap where they were supposed to be.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back