Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can understand why we're getting so many patches, it's no doubt easier to make these patches and release them than update the whole thing as was the case before 2.0.7.

On another note, thanks for waiting until i'd gotten all 9 Nights time attack emblems to add the timer, really... (seriously, I only bring this up cause I cleared black hole time attack like an hour or two before this patch was released) but it's good news, it's still gonna be practical for those who need it still.

I wonder, REALLY, if we'll reach above 2.1.10. Because really, there's bug everywhere!
2.1 will still be awesome however, no matter how many bugs there will be. ^^

I wonder, REALLY, if we'll reach above 2.1.10. Because really, there's bug everywhere!
2.1 will still be awesome however, no matter how many bugs there will be. ^^

I don't know, but as I said earlier, I think that 2.1.7 will be the last of these rolling releases and I would be surprised if it went past this.

The colors definitely have to do with the resolution. I was getting them too, and when I recently when back to 2.0 to play an old wad I set it to the same resolution and got that same problem shortly thereafter, and I never ever had any sort of issue like that previously in 2.0.

Emblem hunting is a lot of fun. :P

I love those hints you give out. XD They're a lot of fun.

Also was SRB1 REALLY that frustrating? So much pinpoint platforming, with the acceleration physics that we have....It was incredibly aggravating to beat. XD

Want to know why there's so many 2.1 patches?
HTisMpC.jpg

If we can go a week without having to release a new patch, the installer will be updated to just install whatever the latest patch winds up being.

They were removed for many reasons. The majority of people hated them, they were mostly thokfests, and coop is essentially the game's race mode for some reason. You're still able to create your own circuit levels, however.

Yeah, there's no way race mode was going to be fun unless Sonic's ability was toned down to his normal running speed, and that wasn't going to happen either, so no point in it existing.

Co-op is much more fun and relaxed, personally. Unless you're the new guy losing rings in the special stages. Somebody asked who the Sun of a Beach was that lost a few rings in a 1.09.4 co-op game years ago, and I dropped out of the session from shame. XD

Yeah, there's no way race mode was going to be fun unless Sonic's ability was toned down to his normal running speed, and that wasn't going to happen either, so no point in it existing.

Co-op is much more fun and relaxed, personally. Unless you're the new guy losing rings in the special stages. Somebody asked who the Sun of a Beach was that lost a few rings in a 1.09.4 co-op game years ago, and I dropped out of the session from shame. XD
Race wasn't removed, only the circuit maps were. I guess this was the point, since people seem to forget Race can also be played, and actually plays infinitely better in the single player maps. Then there's also the Competition gametype, now rebalanced so 3+ player games aren't a complete crapshoot, where there's more emphasis on actually exploring the stages for goodies, making Tails and Knuckles actually strong character choices for a change.

where there's more emphasis on actually exploring the stages for goodies, making Tails and Knuckles actually strong character choices for a change.

Until you realise there's still a timer of 60 seconds by default after the first person finishes the level anyway. Meaning a Sonic who just rushes to the end while collecting stuff where they can, can usually pull off a win just by rushing the other characters.

So why is all of the Race Maps are removed. I love race because it's very fun. So can you please bring back the Race Maps to Version 2.1.

So why is all of the Race Maps are removed. I love race because it's very fun. So can you please bring back the Race Maps to Version 2.1.

They were removed because Sonic was overpowered in races. (And because Mystic hates them)
If you want race levels you add zones.dta of the 2.0.x

Actually, just the circuit maps were removed. If you want to play race, the mode is still in the game; just play on the single player stages. They're more interesting levels anyways.

If you liked circuit that much, the actual circuit maps are compiled into a wad file and fixed to work with 2.1 with no bugs. Although I wasn't all that big on circuit myself, eh.

It IS a thokfest all over the place, but it's stupid to try and use Tails or Knuckles in a race when Sonic is the fastest thing alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back