Fixed Jump-resistant bustable blocks can be broken with a spindash-jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
I'm not entirely sure if this is intentional or not, but spindash-jumping into bustable blocks that normally only shatter from a spindash will break them anyway. Try it on the blocks in front of the Special Stage Token tunnel in GFZ1 and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure that's intentional, IIRC Mystic Realm used it at some point in Jade Coast.

<Mystic> No, it was supposed to be a Knuckles shortcut

Last edited:
I'm not entirely positive, but I seem to remember modeling that after Sonic 2 or 3. Could someone check?

Sonic 3K is the one that has spindash-breakable blocks, and in it, you can't break blocks after jumping. This is used a lot to generate forks for Knuckles, since Knuckles can break blocks by touch and therefore isn't limited to break only the blocks that are on the ground.

You'd think so, but no. Actually, all the barriers that serve as forks for Knuckles are only breakable by him, including the ones in AIZ and MGZ which look identical to the regular variety.

The spin jump breaking blocks is an incorrection, though, since the behavior isn't present in Sonic 3, where the gimmick is used most frequently. In fact, there's a bit in Marble Garden where you have to use one of those spinning disc things to lift up a platform so you can spindash through a barrier which is otherwise too high.

Well, should be an easy fix, in any case. Just check for MF_JUMPED and bomb out if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back