Doom 2 is for FREE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
I was browsing the internet, when i found a free copy of Doom 2. It wasn't shareware or freedoom either. I want to know if it's legal or not. If it's not, then I wont download it again.

Uhh, Sumakima, that didn't make any sense whatsoever. Since when were pirated games a scam? Nevertheless, a PC game (NOT console game, as some PC games are distributed freely, both legally and illegally) that is only over ten years old. I mean, come on, show some logic. How you labeled that as a scam is beyond me. It's illegal, but in no way is it a scam.

Ice, to make sure you're on Doom 2 and not Freedoom, please compare your titlescreen to either screen in the image below:

http://chaos.foxmage.com/AkuKitsune/D2vsFD.png

The one on the left is Doom 2's titlescreen, the one on the right is that of Freedoom. If you have the Doom 2 titlescreen, you own an illegal copy of the game.

Then again, not like we really care or anything. That is, unless you actually link to it. Then you're likely to be banned from here for it.

Ice said:
Yep, I have the one on the left, I'll delete it. Thanks FoxBlitz

No one really cares. I own Doom 2 without buying it. Well, I own the IWAD and I use a source port to get it to run.

Well I just wanted to know. Anyway, doom 2 really sucks. I know alot of you are going NO WAY, but it does. Example: The name says DOOM 2 HELL ON '<EARTH>'
Face it, Doom 2 gameplay feels NOTHING like earth. It seems like alot of levels were just thrown together randomly. And the thing that I like about doom 1 episode 1, is that if it says PHOBOS LAB, it feels like a PHOBOS LAB

Uh, the reason it's called Hell on Earth is because you have to venture In hell. The hellspawn have attacked earth, and you are a marine. Have you ever tried going to the last evel, level 30? You'd see.

supersonic45 said:
Uh, the reason it's called Hell on Earth is because you have to venture In hell. The hellspawn have attacked earth, and you are a marine. Have you ever tried going to the last evel, level 30? You'd see.
Um.... those hell levels are only the last part of the whole game. And yes Ive beat the whole thing, and seen John Romero in the ICON OF SIN(funny)

Yes, he has to save his loved ones and the professer. So you go through underground places, then a hell like place, then the city, and finally Hell. I've always known of the head, but thought it was the only way of completeing the level.

Ice said:
supersonic45 said:
Um.... those hell levels are only the last part of the whole game. And yes Ive beat the whole thing, and seen John Romero in the ICON OF SIN(funny)

Did you find the 2 secret nazi maps?*Shot*

Not on your life sport, even though I'm interested in it, just borrow a friends copy download keep the iwad, slap the police around the face for who knows what and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back