SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > SRB2.org > News

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015   #341
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

I'm allergic to good spritework. I hope you plan on packing an antihistamine with the game once 2.2 comes out.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 08-29-2015   #342
Caleb David Mcgee
A Novice Srb2 Player
Permanently Banned

So, why no release date?
Old 08-29-2015   #343
fickleheart
gender collector

Because we're not quite close enough to finishing what we're going to include to give one. The current goal being "finish ACZ" means we need to make a map and a boss act, and currently we're still working on the "make a map" half of that. (Not to mention the runaway katamari that is slopes will mean we're going to be spending time going through our current content to see what would be better retrofitted with them, and the fact that efforts have lately been focused on other things like the DSZ revamp.... Yeah, we'll never claim to be goal-focused.)

Let me put it this way: One of our internal "this would be nice to hit" goals for 2.2 was this past April. That obviously never even came close to happening.

Last edited by fickleheart; 08-29-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2015   #344
Unknownlight

If nothing else, I'm really happy that your goal still seems to be "sooner rather than later", even if you never came close to finishing it by April. Having an internal date set and working toward it is much more productive than an ambiguous "Oh, whenever we finish it", even if you fall behind schedule.

Thank you so much guys for all the work you've put into this game!
Old 09-01-2015   #345
JPToast14
knock knock iT'S CHUCKLES

Oh my god, Sonic looks amazing! Oh, and quick question, will the old spindash still be usable? Still, MotorRoach's sprites are beautiful.
Old 09-01-2015   #346
toaster
トースタちゃん

Why would you want the old spindash to be usable? It's literally just the rolling frames re/overused. Not really that interesting.
Old 09-02-2015   #347
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!

I think it'd work for specific characters that don't necessarily perform a spindash but some other implied technique. Also if for some odd reason you wanted to pay homage to the spindash in Sonic CD...

...but on the other hand it's probably pretty easy to switch it back using Lua. At the same time you could make a better looking spindash/spin ability with Lua in the first place, so yeah.
Old 09-02-2015   #348
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult

I doubt anyone would want to use that old spindash unless they were creating some Sonic CD Sonic.
Old 09-02-2015   #349
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned

I think it would be best to create a character flag like PF_OLDASH or something to at least let older characters still use it.
Old 09-02-2015   #350
Puppyfaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
I think it would be best to create a character flag like PF_OLDASH or something to at least let older characters still use it.
I mean, you realise you could easily just make the spin frames look like the jump/roll frames, right?
Old 09-02-2015   #351
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Not that I have any idea why you would even want to do that, though. That's the worst idea for a downgrade I've seen in a while.
Old 09-05-2015   #352
GuyWithThePie
Meowth That's Right!

A bit late here, but yay, the Flickies aren't ugly anymore! And they actually look like they're from a Sonic game!
Old 09-10-2015   #353
76Nova

I'd love to see a sonic AND tails redesign (more sonic though, since I think tails is fine) since Sonic's look this way for quite some time now!
Old 09-10-2015   #354
Messias the Werehog
My new acc is "救世主 Messiah"

it will have 64-bit version? .-.
Old 09-10-2015   #355
Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Nova View Post
I'd love to see a sonic AND tails redesign (more sonic though, since I think tails is fine) since Sonic's look this way for quite some time now!
Sonic already got his new set of sprites made by Motorroach. Tails on the other hand is unconfirmed for his new sprites.
Old 09-11-2015   #356
Rob
Administrator

Unconfirmed for new sprites? When did we ever say, or even imply, that Tails was getting new sprites?
Old 09-11-2015   #357
fickleheart
gender collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messias the Werehog View Post
it will have 64-bit version? .-.
The only thing a 64-bit build would do for this game is cause headaches when trying to play netgames. Nothing about SRB2 would benefit from running a 64-bit build as opposed to a 32-bit build, which runs natively on most processors and has an imperceptible, if any, performance penalty on the few that don't. So no.
Old 09-11-2015   #358
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult

Tails' sprites are being remade by iceman404.
Old 09-11-2015   #359
Zipper
Soulja boy I tell 'em
Judge

That thing is ancient and possibly even outdated compared to our current standards. iceman himself said he's not working on it anymore, I really wouldn't bet on its completion.

Last edited by Zipper; 09-14-2015 at 12:42 PM. Reason: haha fuck me right
Old 09-11-2015   #360
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
That thing is ancient and possibly even outdated compared to our current standards. I really wouldn't bet on its completion.
You call that ancient yet theres SSNTails' ugly 1999 Tails sprites.

Last edited by Arcade Gamer; 09-11-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Closed Thread