1.09.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super mystic sonic said:
Its not a cheat. It saves your emeralds when warping to levels. Its very frustating, if you finnally collected all the emeralds in (example) Mystic realm, and wanna go back to jade coast....you lost the emeralds you worked so damn hard for!
That is by definition a cheat. You aren't supposed to have the emeralds back in Jade Coast by default. We're trying to make a legitimate way to unlock a New Game + similar to using the level select in the main game, but -noresetplayers is not it.

Super mystic sonic said:
I don't really care, but it would be something very nice if you could multi-thok while flying with SS.
Kinda agree there, because Super Sonic is supposed to be overpowered.

Super mystic sonic said:
My reason to play with knuckles is also gone.
I'm sorry to hear that, but honestly, it was broken overpowered otherwise. This is a multiplayer game, and anything that lets Knuckles fly better than Tails has to go.

Super mystic sonic said:
Shouldn't a game be about fun? The reason why I liked SA is that they didn't make the game crappy just to make sure you can't cheat. Shadow the hedghog(game) failed just because they limited you in tons of stuff, to make sure you can't....example make you chaos bar unlimited.
This is a multiplayer game, not a purely single player game. "Fun" is a subjective term, and in multiplayer, losing because someone else is exploiting the game mechanics is not fun to anyone except the person exploiting the game. It's not fun to have someone beat you because they cheated, and it's not fun to have the game exploited at your expense.

Super mystic sonic said:
Oh well, I'll stick with 1.09.2 as my final SRB2. By the way, I never, ever used god mode in match against anyone. How do I actually use god mode in netgames? It has something to do with springs and armegodon shield and firing a bomb ring. Well, i'm not gonna tell it exacly, cause you remove the cheat that way. Just like the item respawn cheat in Mystic Realm.
Go ahead. However, I'll note that SRB2 is intended to have cheat codes for fun purposes. GOD, NOCLIP, DEVMODE, OBJECTPLACE, GRAVITY, and the multitude of other cheats exist in the game for you to have fun. They are not there for you to cheat in multiplayer or unlock stuff with them. If you want to abuse the game, I suggest Demo 4. If you want a current and fun experience, I suggest 1.09.4 when it comes out. 1.09.3 is designed as a beta test, not a real demo. This game is designed as what is best for the community, not you, and I suggest you understand that we do not change things lightly, as someone is always going to be annoyed by even the most minor change. We do this stuff intentionally to make the game better, whether you think it is or not.

Mystic said:
Super mystic sonic said:
My reason to play with knuckles is also gone.
I'm sorry to hear that, but honestly, it was broken overpowered otherwise. This is a multiplayer game, and anything that lets Knuckles fly better than Tails has to go.

Let's follow the logic one step further. Tails's flight speed is overpowered. Anything that gives Tails an overall speed greater than Sonic's should go. Why hasn't it? (Note: I am referring to a bug/glitch. Tails's speed is not directly like this. But then, the Knuckles thing wasn't directly that way. =P)

Dark Warrior said:
Let's follow the logic one step further. Tails's flight speed is overpowered. Anything that gives Tails an overall speed greater than Sonic's should go. Why hasn't it?
Amen. I agree with that one 100%. I think it hasn't been fixed because it's how the classic games actually operate, and since you need to stop and spin-dash to do it, it's not quite as abusive.

Maybe it hasn't been fixed because it's closer to the classics. But in a 3D game, where Tails's advantage is meant to be flight and NOT speed, it's ridiculous.

Well, like Mystic said, you have to stop and spindash before you can do it, so it's not THAT much of an advantage.

It is still abusive though, so I do sorta agree that it should be nerfed a tad. Give him some kind of "air resistance" when flying so he slows back down instead of maintaining his speed while flying.

Tails is very powerful nowadays, so I don't think removing that trick will make him bad anymore. Previously, I didn't wanna remove it because Tails was bad, but that's no longer the case.

How about this? Tails has a set max speed for his flight. Even if you start of fast, he'll slow down to that max speed. Kind of like how his run is set up. If you spindash toward water as Tails and quickly jump out, he goes into his running animation breifly and can run along the water for about a second and a half. The slow flight could be balanced out by something like being able to break your flight in mid air.

I also have to say that Knuckles has become a majorly underpowered character. I mean, I know he's supposed to ba a cross between mobility and speed. But his ability (glide) has very little speed to it. Why not do what the old games did? The longer in glide, the faster he goes. Up until his normal running speed is reached (Or, in the case of speed shoes, max speed reached). It'd definitely bring a bit more balance back in.

His gliding does increase in speed by a very little amount over time. But it's kinda redundant, since it takes him awhile before there's any noticable diffrence, and it's more than likely he'll stop gliding first.

Don't worry...I've been working a lot on SAKnux lately...Just give me a little more time. ;)

Erm.. if you do a 180 after spindashing and glide, you will keep your inertia. I know it's supposed to work that way, but it doesn't seem right that it can work BACKWARDS >_>;.

Just notaced you updated again to .3.7...

Any chance you could put a seperate little code box with updates for the current .3.X? I'd like to know what the differences are.

Which has been reported several times. :P

I think this glitch will lead to the release of 1.09.3.7.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back