Any games you're experiencing for the first time that released a long time ago?

I actually beat Mega Man 7 two days ago and I gotta say, the final boss was hard as shit. But it was still fun. I forgot last year I bought the Legacy Collection of Mega Man on Steam so right now, I'm playing through 2-6 because I already beat 1 last year.

MM7's final boss is really interesting. It's the only Wily Machine I can think of that gives the player incentive to use multiple weapons in the same fight.... Wild coil is its weakness, freeze cracker has the most reach, and thunder bolt allows you to circumvent the first attack in his pattern. There's also a bit of strategy in that you can opt to take damage from the yellow projectiles rather than the red ones since they do less damage -- and you can definitely avoid taking damage altogether, though it requires damn good positioning and some tactical sliding. A lot of depth for what might be the hardest final boss in the classic series.

Honestly, it's pretty impressive just how much attention to detail was placed into the game for how short the development cycle was. I wouldn't call it perfect by any means, but there's enough polish to put it on the level of 2 and 3 IMO.

I recently played and finished Cave Story. I had meant to play it years before but never got around to doing it for some reason.

I am playing Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath for my PC(GOG) and i am enjoying it, it was first released for the XBOX in 2005, and the last release was for Wii U in 2015, in my case(PC) it was released in 2012 i think, so i am just experiencing this now.

I recently did Sonic Adventure 1 and now doing Sonic Adventure 2 and I will say SA2 is much harder than SA1 and most likely will be one of the most hardest Sonic games I ever did. It feels nice to catch up on game I wanted try out for while.

I'm currently going through Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga before the remake comes out, and i gotta say i'm liking it so far, but for the life of me i can't seem to figure out how to do the Advance Bros Moves.

Final Fantasy VI. I am mentally prepared to see how messed up things can get. I already like how FF VI has much more characters and playstyles to try out than modern FF titles. Also, one of the greatest video game villains ever awaits. Kefka Palazzo.

Not super old, but Undertale. Considering excitement around release it was hard to miss but a lot of the fandom was annoying and the art sometimes gross; it turned me off to the game, even knowing the community didn't represent what the game was.

Fast forward to last week. Undertale is on sale for $10. It's got an easy plat (not too much of a trophy whore, but a friend is trying to outnumber my platinums...) and hey, it's really good. Best game ever? Absolutely not. But it has some of the best writing and it definitely made me laugh the most. Haven't done the genocide route, though...

I have also been experiencing every Zelda for the first time after playing OoT and MM for the first time a year ago or so? Maybe two. And BoTW last year. So I did alttp, link's awakening, ww, tp, and on skyward sword right now. alttp and wind waker are absolutely my least favorites but ww is dead last. I also played phantom hourglass I guess. I'm enjoying skyward sword an awful lot, and then I've got a link between worlds to go, as well as the oracle games.

Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. It's a pretty nifty but difficult game. I'm not sure if I like it more or less than "Fire Emblem", its prequel. But it was a really engaging ride, and it was hard as nails.

Sven Co-op

Imagine the original Half-Life but with 2 - 32 players messing around.

It's just as chaotic and as fun as you'd think.

It's not JUST Half-Life too, but on top of that you also get
Opposing Force and Blue Shift support (if you own those games already)
A bunch of custom mods and maps installed from the get-go, including They Hunger
Updated models that look better than the HD pack
& Good (?) Servers.

go play it, its free

Last edited:
Man, I have like 700 hours total playtime on SvenCoop, so awesome and never gets old thanks to custom maps and addons.
EDIT: now that I think about it, it's probably more if I count the time I spent on it before Valve gave 'em permission to go standalone.

Last edited:
Actually been playing Pokemon Emerald for the first time lately. I really like it. I don't know why I didn't really get into it so long ago.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back