• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Generations, a little BETA preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
Hi guys.

Well I'm actually work on a hard project: SRB2 Generations.
For the moment, it contain a unfinished Green Hill 1, and the White zone
Here's a link:

EDIT: Sorry D00D64 for copypaste your HUDS (and some other things) :( , I delete it from srb2G and link removed

Moderator Notice:
Snip - see this post. Fix before re releasing.

and in the full version, it will contain:

-Green Hill
-Robotropolis (need sugestions)
-Mushroom Hill

-First boss: Maybe Big Arms from SG 3ds (Sonic 3)
-First rival: Metal Sonic, in a race level (need sugestions)

-Emerald Coast (Why not?)
-Metal Harbor (need sugestions)
-Mystic Mansion (?)

-Second Boss: Egg Golem (SA2(B))
-Second Rival: (search for it)

-Crisis City or another level, need sugestions
-Apotos
-Aquarium Park

-Third Boss: (need sugestions)
-Third Rival (need sugestions)

Final Boss: Time Eater (No sugestions needed)

Use this mod with SRB2CB FULL color textures edition

*This mod is 100% modable, you can add your own huds ETC.*

Last edited by a moderator:
OFF TOPIC: First, all 3D Sonic games that are ported to SRB2 are all terrible (with an expection for a few wads) because thoses Sonic games have more advanced gameplay options and gimmicks that SRB2 is incapable of supporting without socing but it's still impossible to do perfectly. Secoundly, everyone wants to do it and it's just so unoriginal.

ON TOPIC: SRB2 Generations has a bad reputation already. I don't know if you did this or not but SRB2 Generations stole levels made from other users or just completly took a level already in SRB2 and just copied and pasted it. This however is different.

This project shouldn't even be in the Editing section yet because this level has literally one REAL level which is extremly short. Making maps requires lots of time not just an hour of work and calling it a day. Also for some reason, Green Hill and the Hub World have a weird gravity effect and it's really noticable in the Hub World. I don't know if that's just me or not but it's really not needed if I'm playing on a level that takes place on Earth and not in space! Green Hill looks like it needs to be a 2D level instead of a 3D level and same with the Hub World. And a little nitpick for the Hub World but, why the hell did you pick snow? I think there is already just a plain white texture in SRB2 but if there isn't it'll be easy to put it in. Especially if you're using SRB2CBPNG. I'm sorry but I see little to no hope for this and it'll probably be scrapped in a couple of months anyways.

Last edited:
This project shouldn't even be in the Editing section yet because this level has literally one REAL level which is extremly short
For the record, editing is exactly the place for WIP content like that. My concern is more that several lumps in the wad were copied over from dumbventure. All of that was taken from other sources to begin with so it's not like you're properly stealing from him or anything, but it's particularly odd to see the bootup image, "continue?" screen image, and stage music used in dumbventure occupying the wad for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
You say why the gravity is so laggy?

Because i use SRB2DB 2.0 CB (My regular DB doesn't work)
So well, 2D sector is so laggy and made lag the regular srb2.
At well, for GHZ1 i said this is incomplete.
For the next realse, GHZ1 will to be complete , the white zone will more fun and GHZ2 wil are optional

P.S: The level is from Mylself, i don't copy and paste map like the other SRB2G.
And the 2D work perfectly with SRB2CB, if the 2D won't work, it's because you use regular SRB2.

Last edited:
An inspection of the wad's content later, and I found out exactly what was taken, without permission, from Dumbventure:

*CONSBACK, which is used when loading for windowed mode, as well as the back of the console with a certain command used

*CONT1 and CONT2, used for the continue screen, who is Sonic in vanilla SRB2

*TEMER1 to 7, which while just invisible images, are evidence of more stolen content, as they only serve one purpouse: making the Multiplayer emeralds invisible on the HUD. Since this mod lacks the Super Monitor, there would be no need for this.

*Music tracks O_MINVNC, O_SHOES, and O_MAP60M. The Invincibility tune and speed shoes are from Sonic CD, but the timer for both powerups were modified specifically so they would work with the entire song. Map60 is also Unleashed's Jungle Joyright - Night, and being right next to the two, as well as not being used, it is no coincidence that they would all be together.

*GX_Start files with no GX_End containing all of Dumbventure and Project DAMN's HUD graphics. While modified from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, they are just that; modified by me, and still require my permission. You also didn't even get them all, as there are many missing HUD objects for things such as the post-stage score tally, but also featuring XSRB2's golf mode HUD graphics, which if used in SRB2CB as intended, are completely useless.

Since you didn't even ASK to use any of these things in the first place, I forbid permission for the use of any of these, used or not. I want them deleted from the wad immedietly.

Also, I'm pretty damn sure the title screen was stolen from another SRB2 Generations project as well, but I'm too lazy to gather proof.

This mod, specifically.

I remember making some comments about that video awhile ago. Everything in that wad was completely stolen with out permission.

It makes me laugh because he has not put any effort into this wad what so ever.

And his response to all of the comment was this.

OK, Im done with this crap of comments that hates this video, if you dont like this, dont watch it or insult me and saying that i steal THIS MOD WAS ONLY MADE BECASE OF MY BOREDOM, AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, WHY DONT YOU MAKE THIS MOD BY YOURSELF AND STOP FUCKIN' BOTHER ME! SO DONT COMMENT AGAIN OF THIS OLD MOD, GOD DAMNED FUCKING BOTHERING COMMENTS! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I find that quite sad. getting mad over comments that are all true. :P

This mod, specifically.

I don't know if you did this or not but SRB2 Generations stole levels made from other users or just completly took a level already in SRB2 and just copied and pasted it.
Like I said, this project already has a bad reputation even if you made this version or not.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

You say why the gravity is so laggy?
I never mention once about any lag occuring during my gameplay. Also, it can not be the 2D sector that is lagging the game because you incorrectly made the 2D sector. I think it could be because you're underwater and in SRB2 Community Build, color maps got a really "sexy" update to it and requires a better graphics card to render the color maps underwater. Also, Community Build is OpenGL to begin with...

Last edited:
Guess I should have locked this, shouldn't I.

Given that the author is on suspension and there is stolen material in this wad, I'ma just close this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back