ShadowForest.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamhok

This is my second try at making a level, and this one is more focused on heights instead of being spread out like my waterfallvalley..wad

shadowforest.wad
only single player
at the roller bit, use the speed thok to speed up
and FINALLY.....
96447631mu4.th.jpg

93346466ep8.th.jpg

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=15e64a539a0681882afbf1e729c3bfdf

If This Doesn't work for you, I could use some positive feedback because I'm on my quest for perfection

From what I can see, you used the waterfall texture as a wall texture, which generally doesn't look good. I'll have to give it a try and see, though.

EDIT: OK, you need to "deaf" your rings. If you're using SRB2 Doom Builder, when you edit the ring properties check the "Float" box. If you're using WadAuthor, you check the "Deaf" box, hence the name "deaf".

As for the waterfall walls, they don't look too good, try using Water FOFs and put them in front of the walls instead.

You might want to include FOF's for the 'water walls'

edit: Stop beating me to things SF D:

If you have another program open thats using the map close it.

Hamhok said: I need an explanation but I updated DB and somehow fixed the problem

Most likely this will happen again.

I know exactly why this happens, because it happens to me all the time. My guess is that you are using Windows Vista (If you aren't, ignore all of this). First of all, I just want to let you know that the error does not occur all the time, but it does occur often, so it is safest to do this each time you use Doombuilder, to make sure that you don't lose your progress.

To fix this problem, you will have to:
-Open Doom Builder
-Open task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del)
-Find Explorer.exe in processes and End Task it. Everything on the desktop will disappear, do not worry, this is normal.
-Now you can save maps in Doom Builder with no problems. Use Alt+Tab to switch between Doom Builder and anything else you might have.

-To make things go back to normal again, open Task Manager again, choose File and New Task. Type explorer.exe as the new task and you're all set ^^

I'm just pulling this outta my ass, but I think that "deaf" is just another word for "hey guys this option makes things act differently awesome." Or it's just me. x.x

Chaos said:
I'm just pulling this outta my ass, but I think that "deaf" is just another word for "hey guys this option makes things act differently awesome." Or it's just me. x.x

Dude, that Could be a signature

No, I believe it has to do with the engine its biased on. I think the Deaf flag made the enemies not hear you coming, so it would just wait or act like nothing is in danger. SRB2 just decided to use this to do different stuff depending on the thing that has the deaf flag.

As for the level itself, I haven't tried it so I can't give a true opinion about it, I am probably not going to unless the rings gets fixed.

Torgo said:
No, I believe it has to do with the engine its biased on. I think the Deaf flag made the enemies not hear you coming, so it would just wait or act like nothing is in danger. SRB2 just decided to use this to do different stuff depending on the thing that has the deaf flag.

As for the level itself, I haven't tried it so I can't give a true opinion about it.

Please try it, I need at least one explained opinion

You didn't need to quote me <<. Anyway, fine I tried it out, and as I expected, it wasn't a good level. The problem of the level is that there isn't anything interesting in it. It was mainly just go on one spring to another and another. You should try to make your levels more open, and have more then one path. You need to put a thok barrier into the level as well. (To make one look here)

Basically it failed the guidelines of level design 101 (Which is found here).

I know how to make a thok barrier, I knew before I had doom builder, but I tested the level many times and never needed one

I easily thoked out the boundaries of the level, I saw that there wasn't a thok barrier because I thoked at that spin area through a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back