scr_SRB2ROD.wad (Demo version, Complete one coming soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
First of all, THIS IS A DEMO, the full one is still a wip, and will be much better.

screens:
srb20222.png

srb20223.png

srb20225.png

LINK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zpf4u7
(Another sendspace link....)

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say here.

Aqua Ocean act 1

The first act wasn't the best, but out of your projects, I can see where your improvements are incresing. A few things you can do here are remove death pit tags on water, they are annoying, second, try and not rush the level, take your time. And the thok barrier is screwed by the start, and allows Sonic to fly out of the stage. try and fix that, otherwise ok start, but it needs improvement. Also add some enemies, rings & hazards.

Onto Aqua Ocean act 2

It was slightly bigger, but again, not the best. It has more things in it such as enemies & hazards which is a plus side. But it was flat and bland, adn easy to complete. Put some more design into it next time, since again, too short.

Aqua Ocean Act 3

It's a boss stage. It was ok, but too small, and has no rings. You need to add rings for the player to collect when he/she fights eggman and incase if they get attacked.

Onto Sunset ruins act 1

It was bigger, but it wasn't too great. It was huge, flat, bland, and lacked in scenery in most parts of the level design. The rings are not deafed, and there was way too many red buzzes. Remove a few of them. The only good bit was the last bit.

Onto Sunset Ruins act 2.

Too short & bland. Come on you can do better than this. The beginning part is not a good example. Change the area a bit. There was quite a few enemies on there cramped in one sector. Spread them out a bit. And again, too short.

Overall: Truthfully, I'd give this a 3/10. Your skills have improved since the last thing I've seen from your levels, but again, you need to really concentrate on it properly. Also, you should revamp some of the levels because they were way too short, and not that great. Try and spend time on a level before releasing them to get better results. Although the plus side is how you used some of the textures in some stages. Use the srb2 wiki to help you, it did for me when I was making levels a long time ago, and still helps today. I hope this critisism helps you, it does have some small potential, but again, it needs serious improvement.

Hyperknux said:
Onto Sunset Ruins act 2.

Too short & bland. Come on you can do better than this. The beginning part is not a good example. Change the area a bit. There was quite a few enemies on there cramped in one sector. Spread them out a bit. And again, too short.

O_O Bland and short?that looks like to my the_doom.wad!All of us Hate bland levels.Understand?i'm gonna download and rate

Hyperknux said:
Aqua Ocean Act 3

It's a boss stage. It was ok, but too small, and has no rings. You need to add rings for the player to collect when he/she fights eggman and incase if they get attacked.

Luckily, this is a beta, the full version will be fixed, and a lot better, thanks for the advice!

Ok...Time to rate

AOZ1(Aqua Ocean Zone 1)3/10

srb20003-2.png

omgnoao7.gif

Oh my god...no...not an easy 1-up!!!Nooooo...*Shot for kid talk*Well...Read this,It is in the Level design 101 thing in the Wiki

Likewise, make sure there are plenty of secrets in your map. Reward the player for going out of their way with extra lives and powerups. Place really good items in hard to reach areas, and hide stuff just out of the player's sight. Having tons of stuff to find encourages the player to go looking for it, and that makes the stage have a lot more replay value.

And why that 1-up is there?

AOZ2(Aqua Ocean Zone 2)5/10

srb20004-1.png

You know in what power-up i'm stepping?a 1-up!!(Says the same thing of the 1-up in AOZ1)*Shot to Speddylizard14*

AOZ3(Aqua Ocean Zone 3)2/10

srb20005-1.png

3 Words:No thok barrier.As how you see in the picture...Luckily...this is a beta and you can fix that

SRZ1(Sunset Ruins Zone 1)1/10

srb20006-1.png

Weeeeee...an enemy storm!

Too short and needs more enemies

SRZ2(Sunset Ruins Zone 2)0/10!!!!

srb20007-1.png

Dont touch the blue!

srb20008-1.png

Enemy storm!!!

srb20009-1.png

And the end

Tooo shoooooort*shot for kid talk*

Oh my god...

All levels of Zone 1(Aqua Ocean):First...make the water and then...the pit.Works better than only the pit

Of Zone 2(Sunset Ruins):First...quicksand and then...the pit.Works better than only the pit

Total:11/50.

Didn't though that huh?

Superusuario said:
Hyperknux said:
Onto Sunset Ruins act 2.

O_O Bland and short?that looks like to my the_doom.wad!All of us Hate bland levels.Understand?i'm gonna download and rate

What I was giving was *Constructive critisism*. Ever heard of it?, and that's what I did. I gave him Constructive critisism to say what a few things were good, and what most was bad to help him improve in the future releases. Next time for future releases, play the beta wad (as you did) then look at the posts such as my 'too short and bland one' it does help you know >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back