The Goddamn Fmod 118 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosX

ERROR: FMOD:118 - This command failed because System::init or System::setDriver was not called.

This happens most of the time while I try to run the game. Older versions like 2.0 doesn't have this problem. I'm so freaking tired to waste 10 hours trying to make the game work!

I had the same issue ...
You should start the game completely without sound.
Use Srb2 Launchers for that.

I just started to get this suddenly and without explanation. What the heck is up?

Edit: I figured out what was wrong, and it makes NO sense. It popped up because.....my headphones weren't plugged in.

Last edited:
I just started to get this suddenly and without explanation. What the heck is up?

Edit: I figured out what was wrong, and it makes NO sense. It popped up because.....my headphones weren't plugged in.

It makes some form of sense in a way. Perhaps your speakers can't suport Srb2 sound?

I think I had that issue too. I don't remember. But what I did was to execute the game as the administrator (admin for short).

I did this and worked, but I think it makes no sense.

It's an issue with FMOD wanting to output sound but a sound device either isn't detected or compatible. At least, tis what it looks like after I had to go through the ordeal several times myself :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back