• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inazuma

Go on, I dare you!
Sonic Team Junior
Judge
Are you serious? FFS man you people post up 2 Silvers...a Metal Sonic...Rosy the Rascal... but not SHADOW!? Argh...I'll do it :\

XSGX is too lazy to post other sprites... It's pretty much a remake of the old shadow... and I know the 2nd sprite looks god awful.. I'll fix it when I want to fix it...
Anyways...criticizing my art is advised. Yes I tried to make it SSNTails-y now shut up...

I was thinking the same thing but I wasn't about to do no shadow wad nuh uh sir nosiree

I didn't do Shadow because I didn't feel like it, and I didn't feel like seeing if Doctor Pepper still existed and minded if I ported ShadowRE to 2.0 :E

Anyway, make the curves a little smoother please (mostly on the 2nd image that you referred to as godawful; just pointing that out though in case).

...Why did I just have a Dr. John Dorian moment where XSGX sang Hero?
Seriously guys, Shadow WADs were a problem before because there were 10338^984 of them. IT WAS OKAY TO PORT ONE TO 2.0.x! XSGX, you rule, everyone else drools.

This looks like it's gonna be a good Shadow wad. But, I have a small request to make. When you make the running animations, could you please make the flames red and orange? Sounds like a dumb thing to ask, but I have a Shadow wad that I used in an older version of SRB2, and the flames were white. Please don't make this mistake

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* Shadows shoes do not use flames, they use air, they are airshoes. White was correct.

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* Shadows shoes do not use flames, they use air, they are airshoes. White was correct.

shadowxg.png

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

Are you serious? FFS man you people post up 2 Silvers...a Metal Sonic...Rosy the Rascal... but not SHADOW!? Argh...I'll do it :\

XSGX is too lazy to post other sprites... It's pretty much a remake of the old shadow... and I know the 2nd sprite looks god awful.. I'll fix it when I want to fix it...
Anyways...criticizing my art is advised. Yes I tried to make it SSNTails-y now shut up...

Uh, those sprites look too much like that old Shadow of Donnyku's...

Shadow's skin is black, not dark grey, and the diagonal front head's side spikes look a bit wrong. =/

They can't be too black. as I remember, the "black" skin colour (which is the darkest shade in the pallette) was removed due to "transluecency problems", so I'm guessing that's why that colour is that colour.

They can't be too black. as I remember, the "black" skin colour (which is the darkest shade in the pallette) was removed due to "transluecency problems", so I'm guessing that's why that colour is that colour.

But the red parts of him are green in those sprites, which should obviously imply that those will change colour, and not his skin.

Also...

SHADA1.png

=P

What I meant was that that certain colour must not work in player sprites, hence why noone has ever USED them for sprites in the character wads. And have you tested that yet?
And BTW, I knew it was the green colour that switched pallette. What do you think I am, mentally ill?

What I meant was that that certain colour must not work in player sprites, hence why noone has ever USED them for sprites in the character wads. And have you tested that yet?
And BTW, I knew it was the green colour that switched pallette. What do you think I am, mentally ill?

I thought the black skin colour was removed because it made characters overpowered in low light areas in Match/CTF maps, not because of "translucency" problems. =/

Are you serious? FFS man you people post up 2 Silvers...a Metal Sonic...Rosy the Rascal... but not SHADOW!?

The hell are YOU on? We have TWO, maybe MORE shadows already!

...Just not on the MB.
I know SMS made one and it can be found in the description of a Youtube video about said wad, and Dr. Pepper made one too, and he ported ALL of his characters a long time ago. Dr, Ps wads were... Somewhere... I forgot where, I'll get back to you about it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back