Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
...no, it won't, because it'll use DirectX 10, which ONLY Vista has.

Now, to be honest, it should've run just fine in XP - unless the PC port has graphics on par with, like, Crysis or something. You know, something to take far more advantage of DirectX 10's capabilities than a mere Xbox port.

FoxBlitzz said:
TheDarkArchon said:
kingknux said:
By the way, XP Retail, especially with SP2, sucks big time.
Vista seems alot better, without that stupid search dog.

That is the flimsiest reason for disliking an OS I've ever read/heard. If you don't like the dog, arrange your HD better so you don't need to see him.

You both fail. You can turn off the animated search assistant.

I've only ever had to use the search in XP about 3 times. The rest of the time, I find what I'm looking for myself.

Sonict said:
DuelMasterP said:
All I know about it is the PC verion of Halo 2 runs on it...

That is a ploy by microsoft to get you to update. I bet the game will run just fine on Windows XP.

Sonict

Whew, I thought I was going to have to update to get it. Thank god. I have tooooooooo much stuff on here I can't loose. I can't wait for HALO 2 for pc though. :mrgreen:

Carnage, I've already said Sonict's wrong. Halo 2 will NOT run on XP, ever, because it uses a version of DirectX that's only on Vista. You WILL have to upgrade if you want it that bad.

Halo 2 isn't even that pretty.. the only reason I could see in using DX10 for it is getting people to upgrade to Vista.

You can bet there will be other games using DX10, too. You can't use Windows XP forever.

Shuffle said:
You can bet there will be other games using DX10, too. You can't use Windows XP forever.

It'd be extremely foolhardy for microsoft to freeze out XP too early. DirectX 9.0c runs on Win98, despite being nearly 2 Windows generations old.

Yeah, Crysis does look awesome. I find it crazy that it actually runs on today's hardware, with all the foilage and dynamic lighting/shadow effects (plus HDR).

I have a feeling that it will not be that far off though, as Micrapsoft will make it so, and do it soon. *Enters Perky mode* Did you know that if you don't access the internet enough with Vista, it will go kaput.*Exits Perky mode*

:eek: :eek: *Runs like a screaming coward* Perky is EVIL!!!!

I'm possibly going to get Vista, but probably won't be until around a year after it comes out. The prices seem to be slightly higher than I expected upon release, but I may download the RC when I manage to get hold of another 512Mb of memory.

I might still have problems, as Shuf said about the lack of NVidia graphics drivers for Vista. :|

I thought I'd clear up some things.

Jurai_Madman, your post is just short of outright flamebait. Not to mention your information is wildly inaccurate. Obviously you are referring to activation, which has been required since XP was released, and you don't need internet access at all to activate your copy of Windows, it's done just as well over the phone.

Moving on, it would indeed be foolhardy to drop support for DirectX9 and XP just like that, Microsoft knows better than to alienate their user base, which consists of practically the entire world, THAT much. As for Halo 2 PC, if it even is crippled to run on on Vista only, I don't doubt that it will be hacked one way or another to run on any prior version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back