SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

Botanic Serenity v2.0, Part 1 (sc_botanicserenity-v2.wad) Details »»
Botanic Serenity v2.0, Part 1 (sc_botanicserenity-v2.wad)
Developer Last Online: Oct 2018

Version: SRB2 Rating: (12 votes - 4.42 average)
Released: 08-24-2010 Last Update: Never Installs: 13
Single Player Levels SOCs Sprites/Graphics

Welcome to Botanic Serenity Version 2.0! This favored NiGHTS level allows you to play as Super Sonic in a world consisting of aerial acrobatics, colorful gardens, and involved exploration. Enjoy the expansive, detailed world as you soar through the skies -- released four years ago and now updated to work with SRB2ME!

As Super Sonic, your goal is to collect rings, paraloop wings, and follow the way of the hoops, in order to destroy Dr. Eggman's nefarious Egg Capsules and make it back to the temple. When you have finished flying in the air, you can walk leisurely through the garden as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. You're free to admire the flowers and the fountains, and revel at the beautiful, detailed scenery -- the first of its kind. You may even find a few Chaos Emeralds along the way!

Botanic Serenity was released four years ago for SRB2 v1.09.4, renowned for introducing subsequent fanmade NiGHTS levels, as well as raising the bar for more visually complex environments. Its inspiration came from SRB2's "Spring Hill Zone" and the game "NiGHTS into Dreams."

NEW FEATURES

This release constitutes Part 1 of a 2-part release, consisting of the main level, the emerald hunt, and "The Perception." Changelog:
Spoiler:
  • Botanic Serenity is fully updated for SRB2ME!
  • The level got a new facelift! It looks much richer and more colorful, thanks to Rob and SpiritCrusher.
  • The emeralds are rearranged! Find them all to unlock "The Perception."
  • There's new music, thanks to Neo Chaotikal! Also, find the in-game jukebox to enjoy a small library of NiGHTS tunes...
  • Performance is improved! Botanic Serenity Version 2 performs similarly to BSZ v1 Mid-End, while retaining the visual complexity of High-End. Try it out!
  • Continuous links are now possible! Link together wings, rings, and hoops to come up with a high score! (seriously, I want to see some "Perfect Links" videos ;)
  • Co-op is now supported! Fly the land with your friends, or have fun playing co-op Hide-n-Seek! (But Match/Tag HNS are not supported /yet/. Stay tuned!)
Part 2 will be coming soon, with a new emblem hunt, a new boss, and Match/Tag support, thanks to Prime 2.0 and akirahedgehog!

Version 2.0 CREDITS
  • Digiku - Main porter
  • Rob - Main porter, graphics artist, world landscaper
  • Prime 2.0 - Boss SOC-cer
  • Kaysakado - SOC porter
  • SpiritCrusher - World landscaper
  • akirahedgehog - World landscaper, graphics artist
  • Neo Chaotikal - Music
  • Torgo - Texture porter

Download Now

File Type: zip sc_botanicserenity-v2.zip (13.92 MB, 2805 views)

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 10-01-2010   #42
Ankoctoaragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-town View Post
Is there a low-end version? This one kind of lags on my computer. D:
no there isn't, they have decided to make only a mid-end version.
Old 01-03-2011   #43
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Back when this was first released for 1.09.4, it was a phenomenon; a new NiGHTs stage, and a huge, monolithic one overloaded with detail and beauty at that. Nobody could have asked for better execution of the first fan-made NiGHTs map.

4 years later, not only is it still fucking awesome, but in many ways it has even been improved; Part 2 doesn't seem likely to happen terribly soon, but it would be a terrible shame to wait that long before doing this:

Off to the hall of fame with you, Digiku; Botanic Serenity is the real deal.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 01-03-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-03-2011   #44
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

Hey, now XSRB2 won't be lonesome! XD

I should really play this again, now that some more attention has been drawn to it. It's been a while.
Old 01-03-2011   #45
Metal-Rawr
Friendly lurker, I promise.

Developer's last online date: Nov...
=X
Oh, and I still can't find all of the emeralds in this. Curses.
Old 01-03-2011   #46
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaRawrBadly>.< View Post
Developer's last online date: Nov...
=X
That doesn't say too much. Digiku only visits the MB sporadically, that doesn't necessarily mean he quit for good or something.
Old 01-08-2011   #47
SEGA.exe
SEGAholic The EXEcutable

I'll upload a video with emeralds locations, maybe in a week...
Old 01-08-2011   #48
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGA.exe View Post
I'll upload a video with emeralds locations, maybe in a week...
You don't need to.

Regarding that, is everybody blind?
Old 01-08-2011   #49
Autosaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
You don't need to.

He said he'll upload a video. From what I can see, it looks like this is a written walk-through.

I know some people that need a visual to find out where hidden items are. A video wouldn't hurt so why not?
Old 01-08-2011   #50
SEGA.exe
SEGAholic The EXEcutable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
You don't need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
He said he'll upload a video. From what I can see, it looks like this is a written walk-through.

I know some people that need a visual to find out where hidden items are. A video wouldn't hurt so why not?
I do not, but some players need a visual reference.
Old 01-22-2011   #51
.Henix.
Might be making content.

Another one of my personal favorite mods, and the favorite of several others too. Beautiful, fun, and clever. (The Chaos Emeralds were a little hard to find. Clever hiding, Digiku.) And the addition of the jukebox is epic. Very epic.

There's only one issue. Not even ten minutes ago I got all the Chaos Emeralds, destroyed the capsule headed back to the Temple, hopped in the beam of light and-

SRB2 crashes, to the point where my cursor gets stuck. Any idea why this happened?

But other than that and some minor lag + the background bleeding into the level at some points, this mod is near perfect. It'd be nice if there were more music options though.

4.75 stars.

Last edited by .Henix.; 01-22-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Oopsy. Missed something. >.>
Old 03-24-2012   #52
JeanVolcanHedgi
homeworks to do :(

A Great wad, but a few bugs need to fix

(JeanVolcanHedgi received a warning for this post: Do not bump topics without something significant to add.)