Fixed OpenGL doesn't display multi-property FOFs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't work in OpenGL.
Here's a picture from the example map that's on the wiki, this platform should display different textures.

2d6jmn8.jpg

I haven't seen this on the OpenGL limitations that is also on the wiki so I supposed I should report this (Don't know if this have been said already).

And I also don't know if the different walls of the FOF can have different effects in OpenGL.

EDIT: the effects are present in OpenGL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, OpenGL doesn't currently support the Transfer Line special thing last I remember checking. Yet another case of "not a bug but a missing feature".

I wouldn't say that that it's completely unsupported any more.
If I remember correctly, pre-2.1 it said "OpenGL is unsupported" when loading maps. If I still remember correctly, in 2.1 it says "OpenGL is incomplete".
See the difference? I would neither call it unsupported, especially not in 2.1.

Transfer Line was a feature I coded to specifically fill a need I had in some of the official levels (anyone remember which ones?), and had a time crunch for 2.0 and just couldn't be bothered to put in the effort to equalize OpenGL with it (plus there was a ton of effort on OGL from the community at the time, so why should I bother?).

Ditto for the repeating midtexture special.

If I remember correctly, pre-2.1 it said "OpenGL is unsupported" when loading maps. If I still remember correctly, in 2.1 it says "OpenGL is incomplete".
See the difference? I would neither call it unsupported, especially not in 2.1.

The word unsupported was a sad attempt to get people to stop complaining about visual bugs, and/or problems.
While I do think OpenGL mode is cool, I think it also makes people sad... because when it's turned on, it removes the Suspension of Disbelief and you start thinking stuff like, 'Wow, what if SRB2 could look as good as Sonic Generations?' STJr isn't A-list studio caliber, and never will be. Much for the same reason a lot of indie devs go for the '8-bit' look. It's not so much that they WANT the 8-bit look, moreso they are trying to appeal to a nostalgic aspect and get the most 'bang for their effort' since making art for that style is a million times easier.

Last edited:
If OpenGL support was completed, and character md2's could change colors, multiplayer would be a lot easier to play, since you could see everything properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back