Jeck Jims' Highpoly MD2s

Guywithpie3376, the Spring MD2s from 2.0 actually can be used with this version just fine. However, no-one mentioned the character MD2s from 2.0. They should be ported, and no, I can't just reuse the alternate MD2 files like the Spring. For example, Shadow will spaz out in his running animation, and his jump is broken. I'd be nice to see those ported or reworked, as they were very good. BTW, Shadow is flying rather than skating in the running animations.

Sigh, It might be a little complicated, but you need to refer to the sprite set of the object. For example, RING.md2 refer to RING: The sprite set for rings in SRB2, or SPOS: the sprite set for the blue crawlas of SRB2. The easiest way to tell is by opening up the .md2 model on a program like Misfit Model 3D. You can see the shaping of the model. to tell if its the enemy. But last of all, to prevent the MD2 model from showing up in the game, got to your md2.dat and erase the Spriteset: RING RING.md2 3.0 0.0 or anything else you don't want in the game.

I got one simple and easy question. How do I Add these into srb2? Because I've been trying nonstop to do it but i failed,if anyone can help me that would be great. But from the looks of it everything looks awesome i just can't play it.

I got one simple and easy question. How do I Add these into srb2? Because I've been trying nonstop to do it but i failed,if anyone can help me that would be great. But from the looks of it everything looks awesome i just can't play it.

The folder called md2 and the and the md2.dat must go into the root directory of srb2.
Then you need to start the game in OpenGL mode.
I know two ways to do it.

1. Either open the "SRB2 - OpenGL.bat" or "SRB2 - OpenGL - DirectDraw.bat, the one you prefer.
2. Get the SRB2 Launcher and place it into your SRB2 directory. then go to the Options-tab and at render settings choose OpenGL

After the game has started open the console and type "gr_md2 1" to enable it and "gr_md2 0" to disable it (without ")

Okay so I did everything right but something is wrong i can't see my self. Is it my computer or can it be i did something wrong.
EDIT: No i'm not in chase cam.

Last edited:
These MD2's look amazing (I really like the Rosy MD2 and Metal Sonic). As usual, you never cease to amaze me :D

Would you please make Senku-Characters? or at least nitemare? In 2.0.6 All these were referenced in the MD2.dat,so would you do at least nitemare as undetailed as you want?

2016 update; COLOR-CHANGING MD2

This time around, thanks to Sryder's new EXE, we have Color Changing models!

What all does this mean? Well, the simple answer is that when playing modes that allow you to change your playercolor, character models that are setup for it will change to the same color you pick. This also fixes many issues with Super Sonic. Now, he flashes just like the sprites, AND his jumping frames will be colored correctly. (all super forms will flash)

Taking advantage of that and inspiration from other projects, I've revamped and polished almost all of my classic models.

Lets get the big one out of the way first.
Tails​
While it might not strike you as obvious at first glance, Tails has been completely rebuilt from the ground up. New model, better animations based on his debut titles. Also included is a version compatible with Tailscd.wad.
Spinning Frames​
The next biggest change effects most characters: an overhaul to the spinning animations. While not possible to show in a single screenshot, the animation has been changed to match 2.1 Knuckles' and FuckingSonic's jumping style.
Hands​
This change effects a few characters, new hands! I've decided to take advantage of 2x poly limit gifted to us in 2.1, with giving certain characters in need of actual fingers new meshes for them.​

New Bosses​
Finally stopped being lazy and got the SeaEgg and Eggscalibur proper models, as well as the Fake SeaEggs.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Miscellaneous​
attachment.php
-New Chaos Emeralds
-Spindash Frames (MRSP)

Character List​
The main event, here we go!
Sonic
attachment.php

Tails
attachment.php

Knuckles
attachment.php

MetalSonic
attachment.php

Rosy
attachment.php

Espio
attachment.php

Shadow
attachment.php

Silver
attachment.php

Amy
attachment.php

Cream
attachment.php

Blaze
attachment.php

Emerl
attachment.php

Hinote
attachment.php
*Notes explanation:
Because of the way SRB2 Handles certain custom frames in WADs, separate models are required to replace them accordingly. Characters with custom frames require a SEPERATE MD2 AND MD2.DAT ENTRY TO WORK. All of which are provided in the download.

Setting up!
The actual ZIP contains all the files you need, as you need them. Simply export the files to your root SRB2 2.1 folder, start SRB2.exe in OpenGL and use the console command "GR_MD2 1" and your good to go!

HOWEVER.
The start setup MD2.dat has ALL of the models (hopefully) activated, that being said, I do NOT recommend using Rings and enemy models, as they are clustered in the levels, be warned that this will cause slowdown and frame issues in game.

Known "Issues"
-An excessive amount of MD2 models on screen or in the area will cause Frame issues, I suggest turning on Limit Draw (render distance for objects) in 3D options.
-Tailscd: the way the lua for the extra animation states is setup prevents Tails' tails from interpolating. To simplify, they will animated "not-smooth" :V
-The above issue is also present in many character wad's Spindash states.

Changelog
With the obvious release of SRB2 2.1 my 2.0 model thread was put rightfully in the outdated released section, with blatant states issues I had to do some of my own fixing up to get my models up to par with what 2.1 has to offer.​
The past year was spent working with SBR2Kart Krew on perfecting the best set of SRB2 Models I can put out. I want to focus on classic character representations for now.

This release includes most of what still works with 2.1 carried over from 2.0.
-Enemies
-Signpost
-Rings
-A Completely new Eggman+Eggmobile boss model, made to match SRB2's Eggman
attachment.php
-New shields, for now each shield is a sphere using the sprites as textures, as I get inspiration I may get more creative!
attachment.php
-Super Sonic for NiGHTS Modes!
attachment.php
-Metal Sonic Boss Fight model
attachment.php

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back