Animated Cutscenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro the Magma Fox

Totally not using Hydreigon
I was wondering if you could make animated cutscenes, because in the intro, there are some animated parts. Does it involve stuff like PIC1, PIC2 etc. or anything like that?

"Animated" cutscenes are just cutscenes where the individual pictures follow each other in rapid succession.

I find it kind of unfair how SRB2's own opening cutscene has separate parts in it and can change pictures without changing scene though.
Let's see if this changes later though!

In reply to Pyro, the closest thing to an animated cutscene there was, was when Chaos Zero 64 tried out an animated cutscene on the Sonic Riders intro. But that was really choppy and didn't last long anyway, even at like 10fps (I think?). So, for now, you can't animate cutscenes very well in SRB2.

It's possible, but highly impractical, UNLESS you animated in a very minimalistic way.

The animation and stuff in SRB2's intro is hard-coded, by the way.

Last edited:
It's possible, but highly impractical, UNLESS you animated in a very minimalistic way.

The animation and stuff in SRB2's intro is hard-coded, by the way.
What if he made the animation in something like Adobe Flash and exported the frames/Pictures one-by-one?

Then you'd have a bajillion frames taking up tons of space on the WAD, even if said animation was pretty short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back