Super Form Infinitely Scrolling........

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I make a super form boss battle, infinitely scrolling till the boss dies, in a 2d style, with a space theme type level?

It is for my mod and sorry if I'm not too clear with it.

So any suggestions?

You say it as though you were certain it were possible.

Super level: Just toss a "Super Transformation" sector where the player spawns.
Super boss: The A_SuperFireShot, and A_SuperTurretFire actions can repel supersonic, as well as projectiles with a certain flags2 I'm too lazy to look up.
2D style: Sucks, don't do it.
Space theme: Spacey textures.
Infinitely scrolling: Unpossible.

I want it to be 2d cause it will look stupid if it is not and I dont want to make front and back sprites! Also infinitely scrolling is possible kind of. Remember the metal zone(name check) eggaman boss level?

Edit: I dont want there to be any floors here, so it must only be super sonic.

You can do that.
All you need to do, is put the floor's with a tag that will make them scroll.
Same thing for walls.
If you want it to stop when the boss dies... Well, that's a bit harder.
You need to create a big invisible FOF in the area where you and him will be fighting. You need to tag it to a Linedef Executor that will trigger once all enemies are gone. (I think that that apllies to bosses too.)
Yet, I don't know if there is a Linedef Executor that would make it stop.

Conveyor belts for walls and floor. Block monsters linedef around eggman so he can't come closer and Sonic actually has to run.

That's not really infinitely scrolling though. You can't run while on those conveyor belts, and it looks kinda stupid for SuperSonic to be drifting lazily while going at some crazy speed.

You could have a blank stretch of space for a little, with no asteroids, and then have a teleporter that doesn't flash, change your Z, or stop momentum.

Draykon said:
That's not really infinitely scrolling though. You can't run while on those conveyor belts, and it looks kinda stupid for SuperSonic to be drifting lazily while going at some crazy speed.
Ya know, wind works in addition to the conveyors. >>

Have a wall enclosing the area (except front and back) and make them scroll... Otherwise make an invisible conveyer and add some pushable objects resprited to be stars...

Modified NiGHT's system? Make him run on rings instead of a predetermined time limit with socs and make the level continue in a circle would seem like a solution to me.

FYI, somic has to be airborne completely the whole time, and the level just has to end when sonic defeats my boss, but maybe it goes to a little cutscene and straight into another level without the level clear screen.

Well, he's assuming his crazy ideas are all possible in a way that dosen't involve a tremendus amount of SOCcing, and breaking things.

But yeah, I'm fairly certain Custom Exits allow you to skip the level clear scene if you set something.

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
FYI, somic has to be airborne completely the whole time, and the level just has to end when sonic defeats my boss, but maybe it goes to a little cutscene and straight into another level without the level clear screen.
LOL

You really don't know what you are talking about, do you. Completely airborne? After Supersonic is hit in mid-air, you have little control, and no way of staying airborne, until you touch the ground.

You also just need a level header thing to play a cut scene when your level is done. Duh.

<_< You sound like you've never touched SOCeditor in your life.

On edge I don't think that's exactly helping him.
And what he wants is like in thz3 or in the boss fight in acid missile is what he wants more.
I'm not sure how to get it to constantly scroll but as in an earlier post wind + conveyor works.
And for it to look like ss flying instead of having to hold the spin button a whole level period, make the thok barrier height 10 and the floors 0 so that it makes the walls see through but about a see through floor I'm still trying to figure that one out.

So in summary, Wind + conveyor, thok barrier 10 floors 0 for level to show sky about see through floors visit http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=9581&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 and I'll get an answer soon.

Ok I was hoping that I could make this final level similar to all the other official sonic games. Also what is a soceditor? Lol, just kidding but I have never touced one.

Well.. you could FAKE scrolling with a teleport sector. Only problem is Bosses wont warp when they enter it. Also before anyone complains about "You lose your speed when you hit the teleport sector" Use PASSUSE(512), WadAuthor may lack it but if you hex the 512 you'll get a number to add to the bitset of the linedef. Good luck understanding what I said, cause it DOES make sense.

I was hoping try and make sonic do the nights thing, but in a straight line! Also I would like the boss to keep distance from sonic while attacking it here and there. Like the old sonic games final levels where sonic gets to go to a new stage after getting all the emeralds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back