• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Salt's Smelly Warehouse of Silly Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no such thing as applying too much effort to one little thing. Looks good so far.

Did that (along with other advice I received in 'fun), and I gotta say it's already ten times better.

QLqlYmj.png

One thing I added on my own was better outlines, which I think makes it way better.
Oh my goodness, Kirby looks SO adorable here--Kirby is one of my favoritest video game characters in the gaming world, and he's just so cute here! Thank you for spriting Kirby so adorably, Salt, this made my evening! ^w^

eaaDN96.png

Something's off about the side and back frame to me, but I can't really determine what looks bad about it (if anything at all); critique would be appreciated.

EDIT: Updated the image, now I'm satisfied with the back frame, and the side frame is a little better. Also, have a gif:

http://gfycat.com/UnequaledThornyLacewing

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I remember Kirby having bigger feets, but that's just me.Nice work, by the way. =3

Fabulous. ...Can't find anything else to say, sorry.I really like those wall textures too, :P

5NbhVvK.png

Spent like an hour making the bottomless pits fade seamlessly with the skybox. To make the bottom of the skybox be the floor, I had to lower it down, which ruined the positioning of all of its parts, which meant I basically had to redo it from scratch. But hey, the end result looks nice.

That's very neat actually.Even tough, considering the level is basically a Hill Top zone, I woud suggest making the pit much deeper, and make a Death Pit FOF. Because a pit like that in the sky feels very weird to me.

That's very neat actually.Even tough, considering the level is basically a Hill Top zone, I woud suggest making the pit much deeper, and make a Death Pit FOF. Because a pit like that in the sky feels very weird to me.

http://gfycat.com/PointedMadGreyhounddog
Here's how deep the pit actually is, since I don't think I've fallen down many pits in my gifs.
The starting platform is "ground level", so to speak (the height I'm using to compare heights in this level)

It's not really supposed to be high up in the sky, just a cliff in a forest, which (at least, judging from what I'd imagine) is shorter than Hill Top. In fact, judging from perspective, the forest's taller! :P

While I could make it deeper, falling down pits is already a sucky way to die (possibly the worst way to die, since it's insta-kill, over-punishes simple mistakes at times and, if the level design is bad, can blind-side you), so I don't want to prolong the death sequence anymore.

I probably will make one of the shaded areas have Death Pit to it, though!

I will keep some of your suggestions in mind for the fourth level in the pack, which is a sky level.

Last edited:
P7lZoJR.gif

whoops double post

A mix between palette cycling and color blending; the waterfall on the left is vanilla SRB2, while the right is the same waterfall with cycle-blending.

You should maybe unstick them, I mean the difference is pretty hard to see at the first look =V
Yours is still better, tough =P

Yours certainly has a much smoother flow to it, and just feels a lot better to look at overall. The only thing that ruins it is putting it right by the side of the original waterfall animation, so I have to put my hand upon the monitor to cover the old waterfall to fully appreciate yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back