New Master Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt this 100%. They might be making a new one but I seriously doubt it. Plus and admin like SSN or Mystic will post it in the announcements section.

I love how ignorant Spark is.

In the topic asking about the source code, I mentioned that also included is the source for some SRB2 related tools. One of them is the Master Server host thingy. All you need to do is compile that, and run it with the port number as a command line parameter, and your IP address will function as an alternate Master Server.

Draykon said:

In the topic asking about the source code, I mentioned that also included is the source for some SRB2 related tools. One of them is the Master Server host thingy. All you need to do is compile that, and run it with the port number as a command line parameter, and your IP address will function as an alternate Master Server.
...something in me wants to burst out in laughter so hard. I try not to be ignorant but hey, I was pretty sure they wern't gonna do something like this.

EDIT: Do I really sound ignorant?

Draykon said:
There's no "they" about it. Anyone who wants to can host their own MS, plain and simple.

And yes.
oh...I guess I really am quite ignorant. Well thanks for clearing this problem up and I'd like to know why you love my ignorance before I bust out laughing at myself.

Rerailing topic:

I could have sworn there was a Master Server launcher somewhere out there, but I can't seem to find it anymore. :\

Let's not forget that the Master Server has a nasty memory leak bug so it needs restarting every so often... :)

The MS needs a new power core every so often. So replace it often. Well joking aside I never knew that the MS as a memory leak.

Cue said:
Let's not forget that the Master Server has a nasty memory leak bug so it needs restarting every so often... :)

Never knew. Kinda surprising. Not like it really matters though as I won't be hosting an MS any time soon.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Orangelink said:
Have you ever heard of sarcasm, Spark? It's a quite wonderful thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
Very funny Orangelink<===sarcasm. Have you read my signature? CALL ME TAILIKKU, NOT SPARK OKAY?
Quite spark =P but I guess it would be possible to make another master server, just I doubt the srb2 staff will bother to make another =/
PS: Why are you using my talikku sprite without my permission?

light dasher said:
SparkTheHedgehog said:
Orangelink said:
Have you ever heard of sarcasm, Spark? It's a quite wonderful thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
Very funny Orangelink<===sarcasm. Have you read my signature? CALL ME TAILIKKU, NOT SPARK OKAY?
Quite spark =P but I guess it would be possible to make another master server, just I doubt the srb2 staff will bother to make another =/
PS: Why are you using my talikku sprite without my permission?
Oops...my bad. Is it okay if I use your tailikku sprite? It's really cool. And that whole call me tailikku not spark thing, just ignore that now.

Draykon said:

You forgot to mention about making it webpage accessible. You can go into the Bin>PHP Folder and edit those PHP files to like to your IP, then just upload those and have people set it to the webpage:port. If you have a dynamic IP, you'll need to set a specific link on your computer that automatically scans your IP and re-sends it to the linked adress. The servegame host is a sub-site of DynDNS, where you can get the IP thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back