doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

protojo

who loves doom. i think it is the best game i've ever played!!! i've gone off srb a bit after playing doom. now i know why doom got banned in work places when it was new (srb is still awsome though).
i've got the collectors edition with all 3, ultimate doom the best. the bots in legacy make it really fun in multiplayer as i have no-one to play with, and i havn't found them glitchy unless having lots on.
those who don't have it ,download doom 95 and get out doom1.wad and run it on legacy.
so doom fans post here.
(sorry for the over excitement)

Sorry, but uh... Why not try using a port that doesn't suck?

GZdoom's a good one. Supports both Legacy, Zdoom, and it's own wads. And also, try cleaning up the typing a bit. :P

I prefer Doomsday. It has a lot of nice effects, MD2 support (With community packs with models on the website), dynamic lights and stuff. Though, I haven't looked at the map-editing side of it, so I dunno how it appeals to level designers.

ok then. i like legacy because it's best at emulating the original which i really like. if i wanted cool effects i could just use opengl which is kinda cool (except my pc struggles with it). it's also good because it doesn't need a good pc.
i checked out some of the engines and i have to say doomsday looks amazing. now tell me, what's so good about gzdoom?

SRB2-Playah said:
I prefer Doomsday. It has a lot of nice effects, MD2 support (With community packs with models on the website), dynamic lights and stuff. Though, I haven't looked at the map-editing side of it, so I dunno how it appeals to level designers.

i was trying to get doomsday eirler but damn, so much memory for it. plus alot of time for it too.

Don't forget that GZDoom also supports dynamic lighting and the DirectDraw palette hack (32-bit color).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back