sonic ridees help

Status
Not open for further replies.
can any one tell me any way to get past babalon gardens level in heroes story mode without falling and staying in first place

I have tried about a thousand times and i can never stay in first on lap 3 because i always fall at the very end

can someone give me any advice

Umm.. don't suck. I dunno, that's the only thing I can say. :X I can't tell you "Okay, punch in up up down down A B X Y" or anything.

Ok. Neon. I just beat Sonic Riders for XBox.
1. GRIND WHENEVER POSSIBLE
2. Drift when going on sharp corners.
3. (like Shuffle said) Do not suck.
4. If you are having a hard time with this...just wait until Sky Road. I barely finished in 1st.

Right. I did have a few probs with this level at first, but now i'm almost able to lap jet, so let's see what i can do...
Just so you know, I play the Xbox version with a PS2 controller (i'm not sure why...)

1) Watch your air. Especially on hairpins. Never use the pits unless you are totally desperate AND have a fairly big gap between you and 2nd place. (assuming you're in first of course) The pits are a wate of time and you can get plenty of air from rails and tricks.

2) Carefull with boosts. The Blue Star 2 is a flipping good board, but it will lose air rapidly if you keep boosting. The best places to boost are when you're moving slow on straights.

3) Practice tricking. Learn what ranks you can get where so you don't end up with a ton of Cs. On the large jumps you can easily get X with a front flip and 3 left or right spins (don't add any front or back flips as the game may drop it down to a SS or even a C)

4)If you're about to go into the danger zone (where it starts beeping and shaking) only boost if you're about to level up or hit a rail.

5) On the turbulance that the planes make: Hit two trick zones to get up to 450. Hitting a third will do nothing useful as you can recover air on the auto route.

6) Grind! The two rails are pretty easy.
*On the first hairpin, nip up the q-pipe and smack A (Xbox or G-Cube) oe X (PS2) to hit it with a B rank trick.
*After the plane drops you off by the twin dash pads with a few rings, head to the left of the track. You should see the rail on the side wall, jump over the wall and land on the rail for a fast corner.

7) Steer your slides. You can steer yourself while sliding (Like on Mario Kart or Crash Team Racing) which can help you take corners more tightly. Also, hold a slide for the right amount of time. (about 1.5 secs - I think) to get the slide boost. (Very useful and saves using up air with the boost button)

8) Rings. Keep your count up for more speed. If you want the 100 ring box then get ready after the 2nd rail. When you drop off the rail, aim yourself towards the box (in the air) and prep a super jump. Perform a super front flip with a twist (right or left) and you should get the box. If you miss it on the first lap, it's probably not worth trying again as it's faster to steer around the gap that gets blown out.

If you still struggle, there's a guy who has filmed himself on each track on mission mode (and some others). He does seem to ram the walls a bit, but his basic racing line is ok. You can find them on Youtube.

well, i have completed the game with 100% like in 4 days and i gotta say the game was hard at first, but you'll get used to it..

This was the problem i had, it was to get the high jumps.
i didnt know how until i finally realized that if you hold up (or down) and jump at the right moment on the ramp, you'll go to the high path.

The ramp depends though,

if the ramp is slanted: hold up and jump
if the ramp is curved: hold down and jump

heres a tip: Aways go to the high paths, always!! they are always faster.

otherwise, like everyone else sez, dont suck. lol jk

oooo and before i forget, if you think story mode is hard, just wait till mission mode! :mrgreen:

Well Mission mode isn'y too hard. I'd say the hardest level is Sky Road, but then i wasn't used to using Wave. The only hard missions are when Knux gets stuck with the "High Booster" (annoying gear)

Before you start mission mode you want to complete Grand Prix mode (under Normal Race) to unlock the "Sega" tracks (Carnival and Illusion.)

But most of all (like every other game ever made) the tracks just take practice. Learn how each character/gear combo handles on every corner and find the best line and when to boost for each one.

That level took pleasure in completely owning my sorry ass until I figured out how to make that awful corner. Now I just halt to a stop, walk past it and hop back on the board before the AI characters (Which I have dubbed "ThreshBots") are able to get back in front of me. Makes it so much easier to accomplish.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
That level took pleasure in completely owning my sorry ass until I figured out how to make that awful corner. Now I just halt to a stop, walk past it and hop back on the board before the AI characters (Which I have dubbed "ThreshBots") are able to get back in front of me. Makes it so much easier to accomplish.

lol. I did the same thing until I learned how to grind (I did it before...I just didnt know how) and I matsered drift. The level got on my nerves.

Took me 2 days on the PS2 at my dad's house to finish it when I rented it.

Babylon Garden is nothing compared to Sky Road. If you're having that much trouble, do what Shuffle said and don't suck.

Also, ew, PS2 version. Not because it's the PS2, really, it's just that there's horrid slowdown, jaggies, lack of special effects and... um... the analog is a lot more sensitive than in the GC version.

We all already know that when a multiplatform Sonic game releases nowadays, to buy it on the GameCube, right? The rest tend to suck. I thought that was an established fact.

ok, i finally beat babalon garden now my only trouble is with dark desert.

got any tips besides grinding, drifting, and not sucking('cause i don't)

Tips:

When you start, slow down. make sure your'e at least in 3rd place. Then when someone makes (and i'm sure they will)turbluence, make sure your'e under the little cave. Then there should be an arrow that points to the top side. Get on that arrow and you'll pop on top of the cave. At the top in the middle, theres an 100 ring box. Get it. Now, ALWAYS go up there. It's a useful shortcut.

Grind when you get to the weird room.

Don't grind when you get out of the room. It's a waste of time.

Don't hit an air pit. You should matain your air so that you dont have to stop.

And thats all! But be carfull; Sky Road is a lot harder. Bablon Guaridein is easy.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Also, ew, PS2 version. Not because it's the PS2, really, it's just that there's horrid slowdown, jaggies, lack of special effects and... um... the analog is a lot more sensitive than in the GC version.

We all already know that when a multiplatform Sonic game releases nowadays, to buy it on the GameCube, right? The rest tend to suck. I thought that was an established fact.
For sure. The Xbox may have good hardware, but the controls suck horribly. And the PS2 is crap. There've been good games, but it simply can't handle a Sonic game.

I pWn in that game. Literally, none of you guys can be me in that game when I have nights. I'm serious. 8) Anyways, you should try to play longer trust me you WILL get better. :mrgreen:

Omega the Hedgehog said:

I've never had problems with my Xbox versions... I've heard that the PS2 and Game Cube ones have some major problems mid level. Most of the complaints have been about the heroes special stages...

Carnage said:
I pWn in that game. Literally, none of you guys can be me in that game when I have nights. I'm serious. 8) Anyways, you should try to play longer trust me you WILL get better. :mrgreen:

Nights eh? Should be easy to beat... Probably Shadow/Magic Carpet, Tails/Advantage F or even just Sonic/Blue Star II...

DuelMasterP said:
Carnage said:

Nights eh? Should be easy to beat... Probably Shadow/Magic Carpet, Tails/Advantage F or even just Sonic/Blue Star II...

You will not beat me when I have Nights/Darkness or Nights/Grinder. It's a fact. lol. Im really serious. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back