how to make a char wad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellzone Mark II

Don't hold back
I've always wanted to make my own char wad, but i dont know how to...id really like to know, cause if i do, id be making OP wads XD, or some that are strong, or even take requests to make one, if i find out, so, if you guys would, could you help me figure out how to?

Try using the 3.0.2 version or try downloading and installing the MS Visual C++ 2012 runtimes as it says in the download page here.

If you use XWE in vista/7/8, you will probably need to run as administrator (right click exe and click run as administrator. You might need to do that in SLADE too, but I don't think so.

Since this topic hasn't been locked yet, I'd like to understand a few more things about making a character wad.

For starters, I'm a novice at doing ANY type of editing in SRB2, so if there is something I'm obviously doing wrong please forgive me. I'm just trying to have fun in the community.

Now I have done the majority of the tutorial on the wiki. Unfortunately, as soon as I start up anything with the actual wad, it crashes. I followed everything the tutorial had given me. (Although I'm really lazy in the art section, which I haven't done at all. [Oh the stress of drawing...]) Instead of inserting the graphics manually I copied Sonic's graphic. Unfortunately, the same issue still happened. So am I missing anything? The program I'm using is SLADE3

What does the message say when it crashes? Does it say missing frame? Make sure that you allow lowercase lumps in SLADE, i think it is in the options menu somewhere. Once you do that, I would compare your broken wad to a downloaded wad that you KNOW works (any wad in releases should do). That should help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back