About Mystic´s Realm 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´ve finally played those secret stages, and I wanted to say a few things...

Mystic´s Realm 4 is awesome. I like it. I only think that some levels need to change a bit in some parts, but overall it´s REALLY good. I´m going to post here which things I think should be change, only that...

* Sonic emblems are too hard to find. Tails and Knux ones are too easy. Make Tails and Knux emblems harder or make Sonic ones easier... Same problem with some levels... Playing with Tails or Knux is just too easy, but a lot of parts with Sonic are Hell.

* The sound when you pick and emerald should be changed...

* Silver Cavern should be easier with Sonic. Not much easier anyway.

* Nitric Citadel is Hell in coop. There are parts with turrets where you heavily need some rings, and if you have picked them all, you are in a big problem... Just put there more rings. And more secrets...

* I think that making Knuckles not being able to climb in Sunken Plant and Aerial Garden is a good idea, but somehow you need some textures to be climbable... I mean... Sometimes you try to climb a platform and you can, and sometimes not... Mainly in Aerial Garden.

* You have to low some parts in Aerial Garden... There are some jumps that can easily be done with Sonic and his thock, but is a lot harder to get there with Knux... It´s just too far away or too high. Only a bit, though.

* There should be a way to get out where the huge water room is... It´s just bad to go there as Sonic and can´t reach those buttons for the temple...

* I think that Cromatic Angel should be available with Tails and Knux, with all emeralds, but having a different way, using their powers... This level is TOO HARD with Sonic.

* Super Sonic level should be larger. Is good, I like it, and there are a lot of good ideas there. But you can just run picking rings without using them... Just make the level larger, with fewer rings in the low part...

If I remember anything more, I will tell it :roll: Mystic´s Realm 4 is really good, if those little things are fixed I think it could be some better ;)

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* Sonic emblems are too hard to find. Tails and Knux ones are too easy. Make Tails and Knux emblems harder or make Sonic ones easier... Same problem with some levels... Playing with Tails or Knux is just too easy, but a lot of parts with Sonic are Hell.
I'm well aware, and it's unfixable. It's just easier to play as Tails or Knuckles. I did add sections in some maps that are VERY difficult as Tails/Knuckles, but they're far and few between.

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* The sound when you pick and emerald should be changed...
Agreed, but I requested them be added, so all the little features for it aren't there, obviously.

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* Silver Cavern should be easier with Sonic. Not much easier anyway.
It's supposed to be insanely hard. Use the Whirlwind Shield ^_~

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* Nitric Citadel is Hell in coop. There are parts with turrets where you heavily need some rings, and if you have picked them all, you are in a big problem... Just put there more rings. And more secrets...
Yeah, I added a few extra monitors, but yes, it could use more rings. That stage was not refined very much, as it was the last one I made.

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* I think that making Knuckles not being able to climb in Sunken Plant and Aerial Garden is a good idea, but somehow you need some textures to be climbable... I mean... Sometimes you try to climb a platform and you can, and sometimes not... Mainly in Aerial Garden.
It's clear which walls are and are not climbable based on what texture is being used. DSZ3 is unclimbable in AGZ.

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* You have to low some parts in Aerial Garden... There are some jumps that can easily be done with Sonic and his thock, but is a lot harder to get there with Knux... It´s just too far away or too high. Only a bit, though.
I don't really know why people seem to think Knuckles jumps lower than Sonic. He SHOULD, but he doesn't. As you said, it's really easy as Knuckles in most situations. It's only fair for some sections to be harder as him.

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* There should be a way to get out where the huge water room is... It´s just bad to go there as Sonic and can´t reach those buttons for the temple...
Again, like Nitric Citadel, that was a last minute change, and will be fixed.

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* I think that Cromatic Angel should be available with Tails and Knux, with all emeralds, but having a different way, using their powers... This level is TOO HARD with Sonic.
It's supposed to be insanely hard. That's the _idea_. If you can get there legitimately, you're probably very damn good. Only fair to make it an insane challenge. Making stages hard as Tails/Knuckles pretty much requires a ceiling, which isn't in Prismatic Angel at all. I might provide something in a later release, but it's doubtful.

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* Super Sonic level should be larger. Is good, I like it, and there are a lot of good ideas there. But you can just run picking rings without using them... Just make the level larger, with fewer rings in the low part...
The original intent was to create a new boss so that if you entered with 30 rings, you were sure to die. I ran out of time and that pretty much got canned.

Mystic said:
I did add sections in some maps that are VERY difficult as Tails/Knuckles, but they're far and few between.

Rainstorm Keep is a very good example of this. Only Sonic is fast enough to avoid certain crushers without too much problem.

Mystic said:
It's supposed to be insanely hard. That's the _idea_. If you can get there legitimately, you're probably very damn good.

Yay, I'm very damn good :).

Mystic said:
I did add sections in some maps that are VERY difficult as Tails/Knuckles, but they're far and few between.
There are difficult sections that are very far and there are few things between them?! Where?!
Silly Mystic :P

Aww, I took too long reading it to write that >.>'

Thanks for the answers ^^

I'm well aware, and it's unfixable. It's just easier to play as Tails or Knuckles. I did add sections in some maps that are VERY difficult as Tails/Knuckles, but they're far and few between.

Mmmmm... Ok... Anyway there should be a way to do something... Most Knux emblems are just climb here or there... And Sonic ones are hard as hell (I laughed when I found the first one with Knux´s glith)...

It's supposed to be insanely hard. Use the Whirlwind Shield ^_~

Yeah, in that level it´s the ANGELICAL shield XDXDXD Anyway I say that because I think that Nitric Citadel and Starlight are a lot easier...

It's clear which walls are and are not climbable based on what texture is being used. DSZ3 is unclimbable in AGZ.

I have two parts in mind that doesn´t do that ;) I don´t know how to tell you where they are, but I will post some screens :P I´m glad they are just a few mistakes ^^

I don't really know why people seem to think Knuckles jumps lower than Sonic. He SHOULD, but he doesn't. As you said, it's really easy as Knuckles in most situations. It's only fair for some sections to be harder as him.

Is not his jump, is that thocking with Sonic you can get higher and far away than jumping and gliding with Knux (only when there is a platform far away). Anyway what you say is true, better have some hard parts with Knux ;)

Again, like Nitric Citadel, that was a last minute change, and will be fixed.

Cool, I finished that level with cheats, just because I couldn´t puss the two buttons with Sonic in one sitting... :? I did every thing else in the game without cheating, except Cromatic Angel Act 1 ^^U

It's supposed to be insanely hard. That's the _idea_. If you can get there legitimately, you're probably very damn good. Only fair to make it an insane challenge. Making stages hard as Tails/Knuckles pretty much requires a ceiling, which isn't in Prismatic Angel at all. I might provide something in a later release, but it's doubtful.

Oh, I wanted to see something like that... With Tails there could be a huge path which needs a lot of flying, calculating all his flights... And With Knux it could be awesome, you could do lots of things hard with his gliding or climb abilities... You could do some parts where you could only continue gliding and climbing (without floors)...

The original intent was to create a new boss so that if you entered with 30 rings, you were sure to die. I ran out of time and that pretty much got canned

Ok then ;) Maybe in the next release? There will be a Mystic´s Realm 5??

Anyway Mistic´s Realm is still awesome ^^ If the complete SRB2 will be something like this, I will really like it :P

'tis not "Cromatic Angel", it's "Prismatic Angel".. y'know, like a prism? That's why it's all rainbow colored 'n stuff.

Sorry, I´m spanish and sometimes I got some mistakes :roll:

Here are the parts of the textures:

srb20000.png

Here I can climb.

srb20001.png

Here (in Aerial Garden Act 3) I can´t.

I don´t know if there were more cases like those ones... If I find them I will tell you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back