SRB2 Lag Bug !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys it's me Again FaroukTheHedgehog

i wanted to ask you about a little thing
why i'm i getting lagged on any server i join, Everything was working alright when i was using Windows XP But once i installed windows 7 It happened to me,It's Like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0JYg3U-K_I

Note : this happened to me before when i was using win8 and i installed xp and the lag is gone !!
But once i installed win7 it's back (I Mean lag) I wanted to reinstall windows xp but my father won't let me ...

So if you know a way to fix it tell me about it and i'll be thankfull !!​

Last edited:
Just run the game in OpenGL, it happens to me too on many different PCs with 7 or 8, but never on XP.

EDIT:Yeah, it does look like normal online gameplay lag in the video, but the only lag I can think of that only happens in 7 and 8 is the one, also present in the main menu, that's solved by using OGL.
Otherwise, why would it not be there when using XP? Unless he's only been joining servers with bad connections while using 7 and 8 and not XP, but that's unlikely...

Last edited:
According to that video, it looks more like spike lag to me.

Just run the game in OpenGL, it happens to me too on many different PCs with 7 or 8, but never on XP.

EDIT:Yeah, it does look like normal online gameplay lag in the video, but the only lag I can think of that only happens in 7 and 8 is the one, also present in the main menu, that's solved by using OGL.
Otherwise, why would it not be there when using XP?

I tried to switch video mode to OpenGL but it didn't fix,And could you tell me what do you mean by OGL

According to that video, it looks more like spike lag to me.
that's what it looks like but it's not i played also with my brother on a lan server hosted by him ,he have no lag but i do
do you understand the problem is in windows 7 not my Net speed or things like that !!

Last edited:
Erm, I haven't got any lag by running srb2 in online with Windows7.
For OPENGL, just go in the main option of the srb2netlaucher and switch OpenGL, then run the game.

Yes i did that will I Used the CMD to run game in OpenGL with this command
srb2win -opengl
But the lag is still kept.
And i still Need a way to Play with no lag
All games works great with no lag on my PC Expecting Srb2 and i don't know why ??

Control Panel > System security > Windows updates.

If you see an update that says something about Windows 7 Service Pack 1 install it.

I had a pretty weak laptop that used windows 7 and as soon as installed that I had no frame lag what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back