• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Christmas 2009 (Construction/Portation topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I don't really see how its helpful to Glaber if you just say "OMG I HATE THIS"
At least give suggestions. :/

One of my suggestion is to make the area in the sixth screenshot less open. The giant room and walls aren't the best efforts in the demo...

I will take that into consideration for Remix and Remix Mirror modes. Classic mode is currently being prepped for being transplanted to SRB2 TP and removal from the 2010 edition.

In other news, Classic mode is now playable.

15 maps ported as of today

Last edited:
This just in Remix mode is now playable and the new mode selector map is now in place. Remix mode is now available from the start.

srb20027-2.png

srb20026-1.png
Silver ring is back.
srb20016-1.png

srb20031-1.png

srb20033.png

This just in Remix mode is now playable and the new mode selector map is now in place. Remix mode is now available from the start.

srb20027-2.png

I hope you don't actually use that background in the final. It is quite painful to the eyes. The pictures you used for classic and remix are confusing as well.

EDIT: I just realized that is a level and not an image. You can even do MORE to make it not such an eyesore. For the choices, you should ditch the white text and make a large wall texture saying <-CLASSIC and REMIX->

Last edited:
Considering I'm on a tight schedule, what texture do you recommend take the place of the Special Stage texture?

Considering I'm on a tight schedule, what texture do you recommend take the place of the Special Stage texture?

How bout just some plain 'ol christmas textures? GFZ Xmas textures to the left and THZ Xmas textures to the right. Least for now.

Also, since it's 2D, make it so you can see a Classic mode stage in the distance on one side and a Remix exclusive stage to the right.

I just tried that out. Not sure it works but that's the current texture setting.
srb20036-1.png

I also tried out this earlier:
srb20035.png

Well, the flooring might as well be replaced with snow first off. Second, you may want to make the words somewhere else. and if making the back scenery would take too long, add a cliff in the front showcasing enemies and such for classic and Remix modes.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

How about something like this?

srb20116.png

Ugly, yes, but it's just a CONCEPT example I made in less than 10 minutes :P
The little ledges are for placing enemies and scenery things to show off.

srb20117.png

The walls are here to prevent the camera from bugging up due to leaning against the wall.
You have to implement the alt exists, since I dunno the map numbers.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yolylzthmyh
Take it if you want. I don't care if you use it or not. It was just a lazy rush job :P

Lazy? That looks much better then what I was doing. Thank you!

You have been added to the Credits.

That looks amazing... And maybe in the final, I like the Spring launching you into the mode thing so maybe that could be there.

Well, I COULD make it better by placing some things and enemies (blocked off by Block Monsters of course) to add to the scenery and replace those hills with mini-displayes of one of the levels to reperesent each mode (a small version of the first room in Springin' Around for the Classic side, for example, though I dont really recall any Remix-only levels aside from Green Christmas, which DOES stand out the most, and that factory level I cannot recall the name of) for the class if you send me the current build for the textures and such, but if you don't want to, 'salright.

Last edited:
The Remix only levels are Remix Entry way(multiplayer only), Green Christmas, Frozen Battery, and Holiday Village.

I'll be pming you a beta and my SRB2 Doom builder config shortly.

I'll be pming you a beta and my SRB2 Doom builder config shortly.

...wait wat

You know how to do configs?
...I better look into that myself. It'd make placing some things in my levels much easier once I start SOCcing more. Did you use a guide?

And thanks.

EDIT: lol filter
EDIT 2: As of this post, It's 12:49 am here, so expect it later, hopefully.

Last edited:
Actually I just opend up an existing config in notepad and added on from there. It's actually easier than soccing.

The config I sent you will appear separate from the regular 2.0 config. The config also gives you complete access to the SRB1 badniks, though they are misnamed.

Last edited:
Alright, done! It looks a lot better this time.

xsrb0070.png

So yeah, you face back, after seeing that facing front shows you an unattractive giant wall upon loading :P

xsrb0072.png

I really don't like those almost pure white textures, but hey, it showcases the parallels. The back showcases Sprinin' Around, Snow Mountain, and Egg Factory. Also, the wall on the left IS aligned horizontally, just not in this shot. I changed it after taking it.

xsrb0073.png

This half showcases Green Christmas, Glimmering Cave RMXs (if that's what it's called, I can't remember), and Holiday Village (Kinda).

xsrb0074.png

The holes have the exits in them (Note: the water is different on both sides).

xsrb0075.png

And underwater red springs are in them too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?urgjokmi0q1
Just replace Map 01 with this.

The brown/orange rock texture on the remix side looks unfitting, representative or not.

The brown/orange rock texture on the remix side looks unfitting, representative or not.

That's the point.

EDIT: Oh, and Glaber, the pit that was in the RMX version of Sprinin' Around EVERY pit some pits (Springin' around RMX, Green Christmas, Egg Factory RMX, normal Gleaming Glacier) is a spike damage sector instead of a pit. Might wanna fix that, and maybe add a series of half light blocks (like Arid Canyon does) to make it look nicer. As for the Drillakilla not being able to hurt you due to shield changes, how about making it "fire" an invisible and almost instantly dissapearing projectile repeatedly in the air just above itself in an Egg Slimer fashion? I know some enemies in 1.09 socs used turretfire in a similar fashion for attack stuff (Like Morph's Twisted Mobile), so maybe it'll work here too? and in Blustery Day, in the secret cave with the 1up box, there's a missing texture in the room. It was missing in the 1.09 version as well. Silver Rings screw up the Perfect bonus; They arn't counted towards it, since that's hardcoded and whatnot. Also, the frequency of Eggheads is still annoying, though the extra delay time between shots eases this a bit. And finally (for now), you may want to split the Snow digging Minus and the dirt digging one, since all minuses dig in snow, which looks out of place in Green Christmas.

Last edited:
The half lite blocks are something I'm not familiar with yet. So unless they're quick to learn, like fof quick, I doubt I'll be adding them. I may be restoring the Drilla to work the way it did before dispite the Elemental shield. I just checked and there was one map with both fire shields and Drillas. Also I have no idea how to do the egg slimer idea, but that is a good idea.

I wouldn't worry about 2.0 minus clashing with Green Christmas. I decided to remove him due to changing the dirt to snow.

and once again, thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back