We All Saw This Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there were already some posts like that. Just wait until people dare to do it more often and you'll see how both subforums have to be shut down too...

Sik said:
Seriously, I'm tired that we can't do absolutely anything cool just because then n00bs come and ruin everything up with their stupidity -_-
Now, c'mon, it seems like more time passes, more things have to be shut down just because some stupid people abuse it. I'm getting really angry with this, and also I don't like the fact that doing that seems to be the only way to actually stop with it. Seriously, people, we need to find a way to stop this properly :/

Sik said:
Sik said:
Seriously, I'm tired that we can't do absolutely anything cool just because then n00bs come and ruin everything up with their stupidity -_-
Now, c'mon, it seems like more time passes, more things have to be shut down just because some stupid people abuse it. I'm getting really angry with this, and also I don't like the fact that doing that seems to be the only way to actually stop with it. Seriously, people, we need to find a way to stop this properly :/

Bring back the Nazi Board to scare them!! *shot*

Seriously, I agree with Sik with that we need to find a way to make the SRB2 MB clean of stupidity.

Maybe we could prevent any more from entering by putting in some system for when you log in for the first time, like with the confirmation thing in the Wiki for editing or making a page. Not sure if it's so much a good idea rather than a suggestion.

I think the board already does it. Anyways, the problem here is that you can't distinguish smart people from n00b people in the registration. Sonic Retro has a quiz you have to answer properly in order to register. Enough correct answers, and you can join. Not so sure how well would it work here through.

We already had a suggestion like that mentioned multiple times on here. That solution is a horrible way to do it. I think when Mystic tried signing up on a forum that had that, he needed help on answering one of them. If Mystic can barely do it, what chance does a newbie have? Plus, it discourages people from signing up if you have something like that.

Listen, there's absolutely nothing you can do to tell if somebody is a n00b or not when registering. There could go the trial user system through without time issues but with administrators deciding if leave a user or not, but even in that case... Any control feature will help discouraging people from coming.

Seriously, the only way to prevent it is to ban those n00bs. Removing a feature because they abuse of it is useless. Just be more strict with the rules, specially with new users. For example, all those "what if" topics should have been locked as soon as they were started, you shouldn't have waited for them to fill up the entire subforum. Basically, like it or not, it's your fault, because often you wait until something becomes a major thing to stop it. Let's hope this makes you wake up...

Chaos said:
Check out 72. I got banned once for saying Yoshi sucked. I got warns for something like "isn't this against the rules?" and "please, grow up." It's obvious that users there do that all the time and never get into trouble. The mods there just let specific people do what they want, and press rules on others. Stupid Ultra Mario got to be a mod, he got to spam whenever he wanted, flame, and act completely stupid...because he was a friend of JJ. (or LKA)

The rules here aren't really that tough. Smileys never really do their job of expressing emotion. They just make you look stupid. The size thing was removed because the admins don't like small text themselves, while others may like it. The Sonic subforum was removed because they are tired of the crap going on in there. Besides, GD does a good enough job; we can use it for all of our Sonic-related questions. VG can be for the games. The admins will possible remove our rights to talk about Sonic altogether, since "HEY GUYS, A NEW SONIC GAME" is something that really ticks them off.

1. Yoshi DOES infact suck.

2. Its not that the rules are tough its just that rules are tough to n00bs.

I had an idea. What if you left in features n00bs like to use, like smilies, but say you can't use them in the rules? Then you can quickly find n00bs because non-n00bs would have read the n00bs and saw that you can't use smilies.

Sik said:
Removing a feature because they abuse of it is useless. Just be more strict with the rules, specially with new users. For example, all those "what if" topics should have been locked as soon as they were started, you shouldn't have waited for them to fill up the entire subforum.
In the case of the Sonic the Hedgehog forum, basically the entire subforum was composed of terrible topics. I moved the decent topic out of the forum. The reality is that nobody used the forum for anything interesting, and that includes everyone, not just the idiots. If you have an interesting post about Sonic, you can still post it in the remaining forums where it happens to fit (General Discussion/Video Games).

Basically, we're going through a small check on policy and will probably be cleaning other junk up sooner or later. You've probably already noticed a much larger amount of the "Tempbanned" titles.

Yes, I know, and you started doing it sudden of all when I made that post where I got angry with you all because you were being so hysteric about everything you see and the sudden stupidity that appeared in Internet and specially here :P

But anyways, I wonder what happened, because when I came back after being one year gone you were way less strict. It almost seemed like general stupidity was accepted :/ And admit it, you were slow locking those topics :P If you become more strict with that, users will understand that they shouldn't do it. I mean, those "what if" topics started appearing sudden of all because since you didn't lock the first ones newbies thought it was OK to make them. Remember newbies tend to copy their conduct from anywhere, both smart and n00b people. Penalize what's wrong, and they'll understand it.

PS: is it me or somebody got tempbanned with his second "strike 1"? Or maybe I just got confused with a similar name. Oh, nevermind :P

Question though Mystic. With all the "Where do (sonic item) come from?" or "Best character eva" topics locked in the Sonic sub-forum, won't they just make a new one on basicly the same thing in the video game sub-forum? Then what? Remove that as well? You might as well have just kept the Sonic forum, that way it wouldn't spread elsewhere.

It will be locked, clearly. The thing is, if we left the Sonic forum open, I'd say a good 90% of the topics made would be instantly locked. In the Video Gaming forum, there are a lot more topics, so you'd see less of a sea of lock symbols. It's a looks issue, when it comes down to it.

Okay, I think I get what your saying. But why not just git rid of some of the topics instead of leaving them locked? Send a small message to the creator of the topic about why, and have it be over with. I know it is for other people to learn from those mistakes, but still, you don't need that many different locks in one place.

Well, we _could_ do that, but why have a forum open if 80-90% of the topics people make will be deleted? That's just stupid. We removed the Sonic the Hedgehog forum because that's basically what would happen when we start enforcing everything to the letter again. It's better to just remove it entirely and move those 10-20% of topics that don't suck somewhere else.

I get that. That is reasonable. Because, people are hard-headed. No matter what people I say they don't listen and do what I didn't tell them what to do.

I insist that there wouldn't have been so many of those topics if the first ones were locked, because like I said before, people wouldn't make those topics if they see they get locked.

I have a better idea, having to post a certain amount of posts before being able to make new topics, but what if you, let's say, need help with downloading the game because both the main page and the mirror don't work with you? :P

Seriously, being more strict with making users follow the rules seems to be the only good way to stop n00bish waves :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back