2 Fast Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

-SpikeyBlueHog-

Never Stop Running
I need a 2 little questions for mappers.

1. I don't have MAINCFG and OBJECTCFG in zone builder. What's the cause of this?

2. What does [Extra] flag mean in things?

Edit: OK the 1st one i figured it out. However the 2nd one i don't know that exactly it does.

Last edited:
"Extra" means that it isn't used by the main game, but that you can use it for Lua scripts (via mobj.spawnpoint.flags & 1) if you want.

It was called "Unused" before Zone Builder was made - it was specifically unused because older map editors generally always set it to 1 no matter the level format. Thanks to Zone Builder pretty thoroughly thrashing any ancient map editor, we no longer have that limitation.

Actually um, I don't think SRB2 Doom Builder auto-turned the flag on, at least as far as I remember.

It's just a Thing flag that was left spare after the devs removed the old Easy/Normal/Hard flags for 2.0 and added Object Flip and Object Special in their place. If what toaster said is true for most old editors, I can see it making sense to make an enemy appear in Easy mode at least I suppose?

On that note, of the remaining old flags, "Ambush" stayed in its old place and "Multiplayer" disappeared forever (it forced player starts and I think bosses to use a slightly different way of calculating z offsets, so good riddance). That "reserved for z offsets" flag seen in SRB2DB1's SRB2 configs is where the Multiplayer flag used to live IIRC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back