Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, it was actually a good move.
Everyone knows the Dreamcast died pretty quickly, along with the Sonic Adventure games. It was smart to bring it to the gamecube so others could play.
But it was stupid not to fix any of the bugs and glitches while porting it over. The new features aren't that significant either.

But it was stupid not to fix any of the bugs and glitches while porting it over. The new features aren't that significant either.

A mode wich includes 60 missions, another game mode wich allows you to play old Game Gear games, Chao´s stats are vissible, 1 more playable character and great graphics, for a port that is alot.

But they DIDN'T fix the things that actually matter, like the bad framerate, buggy collision detection, and the worst camera imaginable.

A mode wich includes 60 missions
None of which are of my concern or interest.
another game mode wich allows you to play old Game Gear games
Great, but that doesn't necessarily improve the game itself, it just tags other games onto the same disc.
Chao´s stats are vissible
An issue solved, yes, but I still have no desire to play around with the chao, as it's just a constant grindfest in order to complete events with no user interaction. It also has no effect on the main game, so I'm once again not interested.
1 more playable character
Yeah, Metal Sonic's cool, but with no actually gameplay difference from Sonic and slightly more annoying sounds, I don't call that a feature.
and great graphics
So, putting in an extra directive to make every single model glossy automatically equals better graphics? Sonic looks worse because of the lighting system stuffed in the Gamecube version. Hedgehogs are mammals, not amphibians. Besides, there were some models (such as Perfect Chaos) that were in dire need of more polygons, and the developers of DX did not give them any. Packaging games like Sonic Drift into the disc is more important than trivial stuff like that, right?

You're missing the point here. SADX didn't need a port with addons. It needed improvements. Every loop, spiral, and erroneous mobius strip on the planet was scripted, the character can fall through the floor on more than one occasion, the levels needed bigger and better level design (though, granted, what it had already was better than SA2), and what I wanted was the ability to play different characters in different game modes, real two player modes... get my drift? They didn't even make an attempt to bandage what was wrong, and a lot was wrong with Sonic Adventure whether we like it or not.

I heard a rumor that if Sonic 4 dosent succed they will cancel Sonic forever forever forever forever ok ima stop now but thats just a rumor and Sonic games havent been bad its just because Sonic 06(Sonic Next Gen)was such a failure it stained Sonics name with the word sh** onit for the rest of its life and mostly back in 1990s, the only bad Sonic games were the ones in the middle the ones nobody really cared about unless you had one of sonic collection games im talking about Sonic R, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Lanbiryth, and Sonic Spinball yep im talking about those games.

There are also rumours we did/did not land on the moon. (adjust sentence based on your own beliefs on the moon landing)

It's unlikely that Sega will abandon their mascot character unless things really go to crap, and Sonic seems to be getting back on his feet recently.

Sonic is to SEGA like Mario is to NINTENDO. Imagine is NINTENDO stopped making Mario games.

14 pages later and we've come to the conclusion that there's no fucking way SEGA's going to stop making Sonic games.

Again.

Offtopic:Might as well rename the topic 'What do you think the future of sonic/sega is".... because thats what it is turning into.

Ontopic: Even if everyone one is whining about how much the newer sonic series is sucking, they still are buying it for some various reason. ... so killing off sonic would be bad.
I honestly don't hate any of it... it is just way different then what we are used to. Most people are going "wtf" because they are used to Sonic 3, Sonic adventure, and etc.... (And to be honest, I have played Sonic 360 so I can't say anything about it.)

SEGA couldn't cancel Sonic even if they wanted to because he is there money maker. With no Sonic, people would probably switch to Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back