Lose my mind, copy the rest...make it new

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can i found a easy Gamemaker? i have KNP but...i lose my CD from it (thats shit...). SO please help me someone.

Thanks! :)

Walter

Game Maker 6 is nice and powerful. I enjoy its 2D graphics features but its 3D support just sucks. If you want 3D, you should probably try DarkBASIC Pro. Multimedia Fusion is basically the sequal to the sequal to Klik 'n' Play, which is obsolete by now. It's got less powerful graphics so it can run on more machines, plus it's highly extendable and can be used to easily make applications.

So in short:

Use Game Maker for games and only games, and if you want nice 2D graphics.
Use Multimedia Fusion for extensions, less powerful 2D games, and applications.
Use DarkBASIC Pro for powerful 3D graphics under a simple programming language.

FoxBlitzz said:
Game Maker 6 is nice and powerful. I enjoy its 2D graphics features but its 3D support just sucks. If you want 3D, you should probably try DarkBASIC Pro. Multimedia Fusion is basically the sequal to the sequal to Klik 'n' Play, which is obsolete by now. It's got less powerful graphics so it can run on more machines, plus it's highly extendable and can be used to easily make applications.

So in short:

Use Game Maker for games and only games, and if you want nice 2D graphics.
Use Multimedia Fusion for extensions, less powerful 2D games, and applications.
Use DarkBASIC Pro for powerful 3D graphics under a simple programming language.
..and easyer: i will a free fullversion of a gamemaker and not a demo...

The free version of Game Maker isn't really a "demo" but more of a "basic" version of the fully featured program. The basic, unregistered version lacks certain graphics features like color effects, scaling and rotating, and other things like support for extensions. This basic version never expires though. I'd recommend you use it to get used to the program. Then upgrade when you feel you're ready. It's pretty cheap too.

TGF is dumb. It's old, unsupported, has a bad image editor, and it has a forced quit dialog telling you about the licensing issues. MMF is so many times better. I don't get why people think it's "hard". You just need to get used to it when you're going from TGF. Heck, when MMF 1.5 came out, my jaw dropped at all the new features it had. I almost instantly converted. Funny I don't see anyone else doing that. Maybe they're just blind.

1.) Okay, it's unsupported. So? It's easier.
2.) You so totally fail. TGF's image editor is ten times more efficient than MMF's. Have you tried working with the latter's pallete slider? Eugh.
3.) The quit message isn't there if you get it registered.

I use TGF, myself. MMF looked pretty good from what I'd seen, but the interface was just... WHOAOMG complex in comparison, so converting'd be a bit tough. Besides, I only used the demo, and AFAIK, it's defunct now. Plus I actually have a TGF CD, unlike MMF. I never pull it out, but I have it, spammit.

I should try GameMaker someday. In fact, I should figure out how to get graphics to display in Java rather well, since I'm not too shabby at Java programming (though anything but John Carmack).

Bigboi said:
HOW DO I SHOT WEB
I dunno, lol

I remember buying "The 3D Gamemaker" a while back.
Works only on 95/98/2000, solely object-placement and stuff related, but it was good for a start. Made by the same company that did Dark Basic, so its gotta be quality. Its a shame I cant use it since im on ZP now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back