• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

*work in progress* shadowycity.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I would suggest match or emerald hunt. Too much stuff. Can't find every thing. That life-house was a tad glitchy, though.

Take out the emeralds before this turns into a hangout.

Check to see if your springs are deafed. That can mess things up.

Oh, love the avatar. So original.

Hmm, this map reminds me of the modern Sonic games. Every challenge is either a mindless "hold forward" or "you're taking damage and will probably die, deal with it"

This is definately bad level design. The Jetty-Sys are deafed, which makes them no more than mindless floating enemies that do nothing. The damaging floor at the end is terrible level design. Not to mention you put all the emeralds in one map. Which is always a bad idea.

Some n00b who will inevitably post after me said:
Give him a break it's his first level

First level, is not an excuse for bad level design. I recommend you read Level Design 101 and follow it exactly.

Edit: Oh and one more thing, do something about the redwall sky.

It's cool, but it needs more space. Not like a huge open space, but big enough like the beginning of GFZ2.

The only time a level with all emeralds in one map worked was back in the christmas demo in Emerald Coast.

Draykon said:
Hmm, this map reminds me of the modern Sonic games. Every challenge is either a mindless "hold forward" or "you're taking damage and will probably die, deal with it"

This is definately bad level design. The Jetty-Sys are deafed, which makes them no more than mindless floating enemies that do nothing. The damaging floor at the end is terrible level design. Not to mention you put all the emeralds in one map. Which is always a bad idea.

Some n00b who will inevitably post after me said:
Give him a break it's his first level

First level, is not an excuse for bad level design. I recommend you read Level Design 101 and follow it exactly.

Edit: Oh and one more thing, do something about the redwall sky.

"Give him a break, it's his first level" Said some noob.

I totaly agree that "Its ma first lvl so vote nice DONT FLAME!!!!!" is no excuse for bad level design

However much they don't know to use doom builder, they can at least make good level design. That is what we expect.

Chaos said:
I like hiding in the building so no one can see me. But I can see them. :D
Unfortunately for you I am fixing that but also I need to know how to add my level header in I am stumped there. :?

Well, everything I ever needed was in that link. If you take some time to look through everything, then you should be good.

Unfortunately I have bad news. Due to a in game poll, there is a 85% chance this level will be scraped and all traces of my failure will be removed. If you want me to continue this pointless level say so soon or I will scrap it forever.

Ok...
srb200003tr.png

srb200016mz.png

srb200055hp.png

srb200074at.png

Is that what you wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back