Attention College Students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
?
...ummm... care to elaborate?

I'm going for Graphic Design next year so I'd like to know...

EDIT: nvm I didn't even notice that was a link.

Well, considering this is almost a month old and I've never seen it in my local newspapers or seen any hint of it on my college campus, chances are that this ridiculous idea has already bit the dust.

Eh, well. Check the comments, because the logic that's pointed out there shows that this bill actually has a good chance. This is actually kind of serious.

Sykotic said:
Eh, well. Check the comments, because the logic that's pointed out there shows that this bill actually has a good chance. This is actually kind of serious.

2005 Article from Napster.com

If there was any indication that this were to become law, Napster would have a much more recent article concerning it since the proposed bill would affect them in a large measure. The link to the article above is the most recent article I could find on this subject.

Therefore, either enough campuses jumped on the bandwagon voluntarily and the costs have been incorporated into tuition for the past two years, or the bill never passed, or never existed.

Sonict said:
I am lucky to be in Canada then. Hopefully that silly thing won't go through.

In the case it does, I will officially have no other excuse not to hate America, and will move to Japan within six months of graduating High School. At that point, I will undergo High School there, so that I can earn proper tuition there. USA's tuition is simply... under standards.

Sykotic said:
College probably just got harder to pay for.

Nice edit.

When I went over other webpages with similar versions of the article in question, and noticed that the vast majority of them are the same article cut and pasted in different ways.

I'm thinking this is an internet rumor that got out of control. Remember that you can't believe everything you read on the internet... -_-

And, if I turn out to be completely wrong, this bill wouldn't affect me anyway, since I'm on full scholarship.

Wow you're lucky I wish I was on full scholarship...I should start applying for those soon...Although the college I intend to go to is right on the edge of town so it's cheaper for me than it would be for someone out of town or state.

And yes Syko, my awesome sig was directed at you but seeing as you've quite complaining about Mystic in your sig, I'll take it down....though I did like my broken record line I thought up. Honestly that's the only reason I still had that up.

Sykotic said:
Meh. I think this is Syko as usual. 'Nyway, it'llbe a couple years before I get there, so I hope what is happening (if anything) will be all settled by then.

Syko is Psycho. But Chiisu's just a bitch, even though he's trying his hardest not to be lately >_> psst come back.

I really do hope it's a bunch of rumors, but even if it isn't, this is really irksome. It will make college harder for dirt-poor people, or people who need their music fix. Either way, you'll end up making it harder for everyone. Someone on those comments said that if this does get passed that you'll end up paying more to compensate for the lack of student loans. Something dirt-poor people can't handle. Most of America is either dirt-poor or really incredibly super stupid.

Glad I'm in England right about now... although it does seem to be false considering the age of some reports

Sykotic said:
In the case it does, I will officially have no other excuse not to hate America, and will move to Japan within six months of graduating High School. At that point, I will undergo High School there, so that I can earn proper tuition there. USA's tuition is simply... under standards.

Yeah, because Japan is just sooooooo much cheaper!

SSNTails said:
Sykotic said:

Yeah, because Japan is just sooooooo much cheaper!

That's why within six-months. Start up money so I'll have a good start on food, a place to live, and some clothing. What? Video Games? No, no, fuck Vidya Gamez.

But their videogame release dates are usually earlier than ours. It's the perfect opportunity! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back