Srb2: The Dark Adventure Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
This is actually my First 3D map
I was inspiredby JTE to make this darkworld map that only works with SRB2 JTE.
Ree-c, also helped me make this (thanks!) and well here it is :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ficwa4
Oh yeah, you probably wont download it without seeing a couple of pictures
NOTE: THIS IS ONLY A BETA MAP, the dark world still needs to be worked on, soon there will be lava in place of where the water used to be in the dark world

Bugs/errors:
1) This is only for SRB2JTE only, playing it in 1.09.3.4 will make it not dysplay the ghosts
2) using the teleporter (that brings you to the darkworld/Light world) can cause consistency falures in netgames because when the teleporter is stepped on, theres a number of things that change: Music, Sky, weather, and textures change

Pics:

O.o The dark world has opened?

Now for some pics of the darkworld:

This is where im going to add the Lava

(you can see enemies in the backround)

ENEMIES ATTACK!

the end of the level (i was still blinking from the time i took the screenshot and got hit by the enemies)

Special thanks for this wad goes to JTE! cause he helped me fix the map at times...
i hope you all will like it :mrgreen:

Yeah, I was the on to ad all these linedef excutors, a number of things hapen when you hit the teleporters:
1. Music change
2. Sky change
3. weather change
4. the teleport

These all happen at once, so will cause CF's in netgames.

This can be used in srb2 as well as srb2jte.

Lookin good. JTE should be happy someone finally made a Dark World map.

Ree-c...You seem to be involved in every wad released on the MB in some way or another...

Zeshiro said:
Ree-c...You seem to be involved in every wad released on the MB in some way or another...

yes, its because ree-c is a good wadder :mrgreen:

after i get this map done fully (adding the lava and everything else) im going to start working on GFZ2 as being a darkworld map (After ree-c gets Finished with my character wad :| )

Bouncey said:
Actually I would like to see how the bonus levels would work in the dark world system.

O.o um... a big Friggin teleporter in the middle of each stage?

I ment the unlockable stages.

Boss coulde be amussing like tellportanting to dark wrold though wired.

Bouncey said:

yeah each hit he'd be switching worlds
maybe i'll do that

I don't see how any of those things woudl cause consistency failures.. none of them affect the player directly.. but whatever. <_<

Shuffle said:
I don't see how any of those things woudl cause consistency failures.. none of them affect the player directly.. but whatever. <_<

its happening all at once, which is probably to much for other people to handle and they get consis falures

Shadowater said:
What do you mean by "ghosts"? Can you show me pictures?

look at the Screenshots above alot of enemies are transparent

those enemies are in the dark world

Ok, now I see them. There are some problems that I see in the level. You left the sides of some things blank, and the waterfall has a sectioned look.

Shadowater said:
Ok, now I see them. There are some problems that I see in the level. You left the sides of some things blank, and the waterfall has a sectioned look.

dont talk to me, talk to ree-c, he is the one who did all the textures and stuff

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Bouncey said:

yeah each hit he'd be switching worlds
maybe i'll do that

I was thinking more like when defeat eggman he gets mad and the capule is a telporter to the dark world oh and he is tuffer to beat. :)

Shame it isnt good in netgames becase one pershon cou ld be in the normal wrold while the other waits for the portal to come and it be cool to see other players as ghosts.

For the special stages, you could increase the target number of rings and make it so you have to go to the dark world to get them all.

Hyper Tails said:
For the special stages, you could increase the target number of rings and make it so you have to go to the dark world to get them all.

yes, that would be a good idea, cept for one thing, i dont know how to increase the maximum rings in special stages, if you havent noticed, i am not that good of a wadder, but i am good enough to do a bit of sector and linedef making/editing

Plus the final release of this map should be coming soon :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back