• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Poloy Forest Zone + new levels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTapeworm

Midnight Abyss did nothing wrong
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
This is a Knuckles-only level, with rain, trees and logs, and the occasional pop-up turret. And it's named after the obscure game "Tails Adventure!"

srb20000.png

The very beginning. You have to use the red spring in the water to get to the top of the tree.

srb20005.png

The top of the tree. You can go inside little spots in the leaves and grab items, but there are Eggman monitors. You run to the platforms after that.

srb20006.png

Here I am, underneath the second tree, standing on the bobbing platforms.

And that's where it ends for now. I'll release it when Act 1 is done, and then I'll start 2 and 3.

From what I can see in the photo, it looks very plain. I'll pass further judgement when I play it.

From what I can see in the photo, it looks very plain. Adding some thing-based scenery might help... but I dont know what scenery there is for this theme. Try making some custom scenery, and it'll improve it 10-fold.
As for Knuckles-only, thats the first time it's been tried (in my memory).

Looks good if you up the detail - it's nice and large, so no space issues.

Someone said:
From what I can see in the photo, it looks very plain. I'll pass further judgement when I play it.

Scenery will be added later, probably now, but I don't know how to get things on FOFs.

A sneak peek at a sector-based decoration...

srb20009.png

A rafflesia! I'm still working on it.

srb20012.png

This is not your ordinary walkway.

srb20013.png

The ground crumbles!

The crumbling spots now have grass borders around them. It also looks better.

srb20015.png

I need ideas on how to make this level better.

I changed the background to a starry background.
srb20019o.png

I have plans for a cave level that will be made when Act 1 is finished. What should I name it?

Spiderpig said:
Nuclear-Bomb-Filled-Cave Zone

Maybe something different? I'll give you the description

"________ Zone, a dangerous cavern deep underneath Eggman's fortress, filled with collapsing stones, deep water and the ruins of an ancient underground civilization. Eggman's robots have also recently taken over, making this level even more hazardous!"

Here's a download link to Act 1, which is far from finished.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k1spna

Things that I know about:

The black space near the crumbling path. I don't know how to fix it.

The rings under the bridge. Knuckles has to use his climb and glide to get these.

The goal will be moved further on when the level is done.

Surprisingly good! To be honest, I expected a really sucky wad. I don't exactly don't know why, but I did. While this certainly isn't the best level I've played, it has a nice strange atmosphere, and enemy placement isn't too bad. Keep going, I'd like to see how this turns out.

So..uh, your making a mod?

The level wasn't that bad, my only complaints are that you take the Camera Modification of the death pit, and change the music because it doesn't match. Otherwise, nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back