srb2 better than any other sonic game made by sega?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexicano

Sorry I like Sega games better but I want your opinion is srb2 better than any sonic game made by Sega? If yes than srb2 might be the best sonic fan game EVER! (I like srb2 but I like Sonic adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 battle better).

Due to the ease of modification, I think it's not only the greatest Sonic game ever made, but one of the greatest games of all time.

It's an excellent game; I won't compare it to the classics, but it's worthy of their attention.

Autosaver said:
No

Its not finished
Only skilled people can make maps....
Gets boring after a while.

It takes extremely 'skilled' people and a few thousand pounds of 3D modelling software to make maps for the SEGA games.

SEGA games get boring <strike>after a while</strike> pretty damn fast.

SRB2 is the best Sonic game that a large amount of people play these days. People instantly give new Soninc games either 10/10 or 0/10 in general, and both votes are stupid. The games are alright, but nothing special. SRB2 has gotten under 5/10 by only idiots and newbies who can't speak properly. It obviously deserves more attention than this, being a fully editable, decently long game. And length is actually why alot of people (including me and my brother) don't like the new games coming out, and that's not just for Sonic.

Overall, yeah, SRB2 is better than the SEGA Sonic games.

To say that SRB2 is the superior Sonic game primarily due to moddability is an interesting point. Would an official game with the same levels of moddability, only maybe with say, actual LUA scripting instead of a heavily modified version of dehacked, be just as good, if not better? It would be an interesting experiment on Sonic Team's part. At least, far more interesting than any of the more recent experiments;

SONICTEAMGUY1: LOL O HAY LETS MAK SONIC A WEREWULF WIT STRETCHY ARMS
SONICTEAMGUY2: LOL NOT WEREWULF WEREHOG!
SONICTEAMGUY1: LOL

Personally SRB2, I only thing SRB2 is great because of it's editing capabilities. If it wasn't editable, Sonic Unleashed Day stages would wipe the floor with SRB2.

The Community on the other hand....

A-star said:
Personally SRB2, I only thing SRB2 is great because of it's editing capabilities. If it wasn't editable, Sonic Unleashed Day stages would wipe the floor with SRB2.

The Community on the other hand....

Couldn't have said it any better. This game might not be the most flexible in the world, but the netgames sure are fun. Plus, with an imagination, you can make a compleatly awesome level that's dang near perfect if you do it right (with the exeptions of things like Green Hill Zone loops).

There's also porting characters from other games (like Fang and Shade) to be playables. The ability factor with this isn't really perfect, but, 'cmon, at least you're playing AS one of the characters that were actually cool.

So yeah, SRB2 is nicer than most Sonic games. However, n00bs like one of my friends (he's a noob, but he's my n00b.) get bored out of their minds too quickly with stuff like this, so it's their loss. :/

And the communaty = fail due to the amount of people going: OMG IT R SAWNIK FURM! LOL LETZ JOIN DEM ND TLK ABUT SAWNIK AND STUFZ LOL

Well here's a thought, when you think sonic games you think speed and srb2 has it, but Sonic Unleased has the best speed for sonic the hedgehog!

Mexicano said:
Well here's a thought, when you think sonic games you think speed and srb2 has it, but Sonic Unleased has the best speed for sonic the hedgehog!
As much as I don't bother with Sonic anymore, I have to say your logic is terribly flawed. As much as Sonic games emphasize on the concept of speed, it isn't everything, there's more to a game than that. You know, like actual platforming, like Sonic was supposed to be. While I know jack about Sonic Unleashed, it's got platforming and other gameplay, not just speed, just like how SRB2 emphasizes such and other. If you think "Run in a straight line until you break this much speed" is fun, you have a terrible taste.

And the community is mostly not of SRB2's fault, this type of community is pretty much identical to every other existing Sonic community out there, in exception of the more technical side. But yes, as an honest hypocrite, I also think it sucks, I inevitably have to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back