SRB2 can't boot from a CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, as a few of you know, I burned a copy of SRB2 (and SASRB2) for my cousin, as part of the massive cache of burned stuff I'm giving him for christmas (like 6 CDs worth of stuff). I set this particular disc up to boot a custom-made SRB2 launcher that let him choose between regular SRB2 and SASRB2. Testing the disc out, I find that the autorun worked. I go to boot SASRB2 up in OpenGL mode...

"Error! Could not load r_opengl.dll!"

Okay, so I try to load up in Software Mode...

"Could not SavetoMem!"

You might wanna fix this, AJ =P

It has to be able to write to the home directory. Thus, you need to 'install' it.

That's what I did. You could make a Self-Extracting Exe that contains the install file, SASRB2, and your launcher. Then have that self exe automaticly start the install program. I would use Drag and Zip for that.

BlazeHedgehog said:
Well yeah, I _could_, but it'd be good if you could somehow specify a "save" directory of sorts so it could work from a CD =P

Yeah, I might eventually do that. *really* low priority.

(Doom used to have a -doomcd thing)

Custom Launcher's been uploaded for some time, now.

http://blazefire.mooglecavern.com/sasrb2/sonic.exe (600kb)

Of course, the SASRB2 option won't work, so you'll have to click the back arrow (<<). Not like it matters, you're better off using Mystic's for the time being.

Edit: Haha, oops. Well, you can't use that now. The version I gave my cousin had two SRB2 exe's -- the old one, the one on the site right now in the official release, was renamed to oldsrb2win.exe. The (new) one I used for SASRB2 was srb2win.exe.

Oh well. :P You can look at my pretty options. When SASRB2 releases fully, there'll be more options, though, so be on the look out for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back