character.charflags = $1|SF_SUPER
            end
        end
    end, MT_PLAYER)
Try this instead.

Code:
local function SPSoup(doom)
	if not doom.player return end
	if not (doom.player.charflags & SF_SUPER)
		doom.player.charflags = $1|SF_SUPER
	end
end
addHook("MobjThiker", SPSoup, MT_PLAYER)

This is more efficient.

Katmint's is checking every single player in the game for every single MT_PLAYER object, so it's redundant for all MT_PLAYER objects after the first.

In mine you only check the player linked to each MT_PLAYER object themselves.

Last edited:
I put yours into my game and it didn't work at all, katmint's did... am I doing it wrong, I literally kept the same lump name, just swapped the codes out.

how do you add that code again it didn't work for me, it'd be better to add it into the wad and then post it, but everyone excepts people to know how to add stuff like that even though I'm new at LUA, there should be a way to make the game believe you're character's in CTF mode, and the emeralds are the ones from CTF or match even though you're in single player, if you can change the games source code you could probably switch those around and maybe make super monitors, though I don't know a thing about LUA or the source code.

how do you add that code again it didn't work for me, it'd be better to add it into the wad and then post it, but everyone excepts people to know how to add stuff like that even though I'm new at LUA, there should be a way to make the game believe you're character's in CTF mode, and the emeralds are the ones from CTF or match even though you're in single player, if you can change the games source code you could probably switch those around and maybe make super monitors, though I don't know a thing about LUA or the source code.

If you're talking about the code that was posted on dropbox earlier, you don't have to know anything about Lua to use it. All you have to do is add it like a wad.

no no I can do that I mean the
local function SPSoup(doom) if not doom.player return end if not (doom.player.charflags & SF_SUPER) doom.player.charflags = $1|SF_SUPER end end addHook("MobjThiker", SPSoup, MT_PLAYER)

thing what should I do with the text? also I'm thinking of putting this idea into suggestions

1. As any custom character or vanilla character, collect all 7 emeralds and double tap your jump button with no shields on. You should be super in Match/CTF.
This will NOT work in CO-OP.

2. Turnsuper.lua is a file I got from the Spectrum UK Hangout Server. See if you end up downloading it from there.

there we go I forgot the turnsuper command, the only complaint is the losing rings sfx still plays but that.s about it, good wad how do you add super abilities to character wads again?

there we go I forgot the turnsuper command, the only complaint is the losing rings sfx still plays but that.s about it, good wad how do you add super abilities to character wads again?

Super abilities (for match, at least) are determined by ability 1, such as those with the double jump for ability 1 get an endless amount of jumps in super form.

Alrighty, we don't need a thread for "how do I get shitty things that wouldn't pass releases", so again, locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back