Team Fortress 2 update thread. No hatin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hat part is kinda sad though. Do TF2 fans need for their donations to be rewarded with a hat for them to care? I'd think that a special achivement keeping track of how much you donated would be sufficent.

The hat part is kinda sad though. Do TF2 fans need for their donations to be rewarded with a hat for them to care? I'd think that a special achivement keeping track of how much you donated would be sufficent.

The hat gives you a way to state your donation implicitly. You just wear it, and people know you donated at least x amount.

Looks like they're bringing out donation-based items in the mann co. store
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=5170&p=1
Donation based items?! Hah!
Have they not got enough money since the mann co. store?
Regular players wasted about 50$ there at least! That's like buying another game from the Steam store!

WDF.

Good thing I quited TF2 for quite a while now, I don't have to suffer more unbalanceness. (< not related to the donations of course, since they give you nothing.)

Donation based items?! Hah!
Have they not got enough money since the mann co. store?
Regular players wasted about 50$ there at least! That's like buying another game from the Steam store!

WDF.

Good thing I quited TF2 for quite a while now, I don't have to suffer more unbalanceness. (< not related to the donations of course, since they give you nothing.)
This comment doesn't make much sense. You're donating to the American Red Cross, not Valve. You get a free hat, yes, but Valve doesn't make a cent. Thus, citing this as evidence that Valve is money-grubbing simply doesn't work.

Good thing about this update, better performance. Bad part, load out bug.

Other than that... wasn't really anything. It's almost as if they mocked the player bases with their "witty" announcement.

After browsing the Steam forums regarding it, have to say there's a llllooot of hate. Personally I don't see the big deal... but too many cosmetics as is.

After browsing the Steam forums regarding it, have to say there's a llllooot of hate. Personally I don't see the big deal... but too many cosmetics as is.

PS3 owners can't see the gestures you buy off the store and the robots look much better without the hats on(the only 2 items given to you for beating the game are much better). People cry over every little thing.

There SHOULD be a random hat thing like TF2 though.

On a related note, I played around 2 hours of TF2 this week and I only unlocked a Razorback... what gives?

You don't get items really quickly, that's probably all you get in two hours. The next set of drops will probably be more frequent in the next week. Or if you're meaning you got the Razorback through Milestone which then it's practically oh well. You get some sometimes, sometimes you don't.

You don't get items really quickly, that's probably all you get in two hours. The next set of drops will probably be more frequent in the next week. Or if you're meaning you got the Razorback through Milestone which then it's practically oh well. You get some sometimes, sometimes you don't.

I haven't played TF2 in some months since recently. I should get more then 2 items(When I started TF2 up this morning I got this konata sword thing for the soldier, played about 40 minutes and no items).

Firstly, Katana, it's called the Half-Zatoichi and it can be used by soldier and demoman.

Secondly, I had a time when I hadn't played TF2 in a month and I didn't get any drops for ages. It's just luck, with a mix of varying probability and forced item giving based upon play time.

I usually just leave the game running overnight on a Wednesday/Thursday night, and wake up 10 items richer (crates/hats included - usually crates :|). I don't even really play the game proper anymore...

Well looks like we got a new comic
http://www.teamfortress.com/meetthedirector/

And while I'm add it, a new update/contest
Steam said:
Valve have introduced The Replay Update to Team Fortress 2. You can edit your videos, earn new achievements and, (if you get internet-famous enough) win a new hat. There's even an upcoming awards ceremony with 20 categories to compete in - The First Annual Saxxy Awards. We assume it's going to be a yearly thing.

Play on a replay-enabled server and every round of your matches will get recorded. Click Replays on the main menu to edit your creations into something that almost definitely gives an accurate portrayal of your skill level and k/d ratio. You're free to move the camera around the maps to view the action from any angle and even create alternate takes of the same moment. Inquisitive? Check out the FAQ here.

There are eight new achievements to earn, and a new Meet The Director comic to get you in the mood. Get 1000 YouTube views and you'll win a new hat. Spend some time editing a replay and you'll earn a set of related taunts.

What I want to know is why this wasn't included in the Hatless Update like the rest of the beta content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back