SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Characters

Super Mario Bros. in SRB2Kart Details »»
Super Mario Bros. in SRB2Kart
Developer Last Online: Feb 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (8 votes - 4.38 average)
Released: 11-21-2018 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Characters Scripts

I said I was going to put them in SRB2Kart and I wasn't joking one bit. After a few days of sprite work, the Super Mario Brothers has come to SRB2Kart to see how Sonic and crew do their racing in their style!

Mario:

The hero of the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario has the same weight as Knuckles but he's a bit faster than him. Making him another good choice for starters.

Stats:
Speed = 6
Weight = 5

Luigi:

The one that we all keep forgetting his actual name and saved his bro from a haunted mansion. Luigi is faster than his bro, but also has harder handling.

Speed: 8
Weight: 7

There are even some references from the brothers' classic games on the SNES. Bet you can figure out which one is which game its from.

The download below contains the lua and lua less version. The lua version contains the color changing overalls. There are so many combinations for the bros. However, this means you can't use them in Staff Attack. But don't worry! The lua less version doesn't contain the lua so you can enjoy beating dev times with them.

Changelog:
Release 3:
Version 3.01:
- Fixed luigi's overralls combinations from being duplicates of Super Show Mario's. Now you can take a look at Luigi's actual color combinations.

Version 3:
- Luigi has joined with Mario in the SRB2 Grand Prix!
- The wad name is now renamed from kc_mario to kc_mariobros!
- Added a lua less version so you can play as the bros in Staff Attack
- Mario's overralls now appear in the player setup whenever using the lua version

Release 2:
Version 2b:
- Added PK3 Support
- Fixed offsets on some rotations on the drift frames. This also included the overalls' offsets when drifting is in play

Version 2:
- Mario's overalls now change depending on skincolors! Just like Kirby and Pointy Sonic! Take a look at 63 combinations and you'll see many different
color combinations that you might recognize, or see many combinations that I had in mind. Lua done by Tripel for both Kirby and Pointy Sonic.

-Fixed offsets with the back diagonal sprites

Release 1:
Version 1.01:
-Tweaked the volume of the voice clips.

Credits:
MotorRoach: Spriting Assistance
Tripel the fox: Lua for the color changing overralls
VelocitOni: Providing me Kart template sprites

Download Now

File Type: zip KartChar_MarioBros-v1.zip (1,018.9 KB, 127 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	KartStat.png
Views:	585
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	16770   Click image for larger version

Name:	KartStat2.png
Views:	591
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	16771   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0025.gif
Views:	567
Size:	433.1 KB
ID:	16772   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0029.gif
Views:	565
Size:	892.8 KB
ID:	16773   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0026.gif
Views:	21
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	16774  

Name:	kart0030.gif
Views:	21
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	16775  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 1 Week Ago   #22
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Spoiler: irrelevant spam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameGuy721 View Post
Excuse Me, WHAT?!? YOU MADE MARIO IN SRB2 KART AND NOT IN THE ACTUAL SRB2, YOU CANCELLED THE MARIO WAD TO A TYPE OF SONIC OC!?!? i hate the society
Quote:
but also can't you see that the project was almost finished with the sprites already done, he could just make the abilities for mario and then finnish it ( i know this because i have seem the project mario for SRB2 Thread by DirkTH)

Edit: heres the thread for the project mario https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42361
Quote:
well, maybe ill wait until version 2.2 comes out so maybe more people will play SRB2 and make wads (and also remake the old ones that wont work in recent versions) but yea, ill be patient when 2.2 comes out and kinda stop a little bit in replying in some comments of SRB2 wads. (i saying about this its because, its about that i think that people will make more stuff in SRB2 2.2 in the future)
Fascinating.

Have an infraction for clogging up the thread with irrelevant whining, and stop doing it. Take it to PM if you've got anything to say to me on the matter.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 1 Week Ago at 02:28 AM.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #23
DirkTH
Many doors yes?

A BIG update has come to this thread so Let's-a check out what's been added. Yahoo!

The important one is that Luigi has been added along with Mario! That means that the wad name has been renamed from Mario to Mario Bros.!

The download also includes both lua and lua less version. For those who want to play as them in Staff Attack, check out the lua less version. Otherwise, add in the lua version to check out the color changing overralls. So many combinations for both bros.

That's all of the info for this update. See you next time!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kart0029.gif
Views:	191
Size:	892.8 KB
ID:	16777  

>Kitty: sans undertale?
>DirkTheHusky: ness earthbound
DirkTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #24
DirkTH
Many doors yes?

A quick 3.01 patch has been released!

This should fix the conflict between Luigi and Mit's Super Show Mario. And you can take a look at Luigi's actual color combinations!

>Kitty: sans undertale?
>DirkTheHusky: ness earthbound
DirkTH is offline   Reply With Quote