Certain FOF Command Troubles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX

Now 100% less jaded!
Okay, so. I want to make my lava rise and fall. I got that down, no sweat. But uh.. it does so VERY quick. I mean, one second it's down, and then the next, back to the top of the control sector.
I want it to be slowly rising lava. Say, 5-7 seconds to rise to the top, then fall back down, and repeat. I don't quite understand how to make that work; I understand it has something to do with the length of the LINEDEF it's set to, but I still don't understand how to make it even SLOWER than it already is... I looked at the Wiki, but that confused the **** outta me...
This is something that is immaculate to uniqueness of my level. Can someone please help me with this?

Ezer.Arch said:
It has something to do with the length of the LINEDEF.
If you already know it has something to do with the length of the LINEDEF, then, why haven't you tried to make LINEDEF length shorter? ^_~

Didn't you see my post there? http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?p=331510&highlight=#331510

I used 4FU length for my water rising in Water Plant Zone. If you want slower, try 3 or 2FU length.

Seeya
XD I know Ezer. And I have that level.
I'm that "Zero" that joined your constant level testing games.
Like Lift Bridge and that mill-ish one. :P
Anyhoo, I understand that the shorter it is, the slower it goes... But I can't seem to get it below 32... Is there a way of editing the length?

xxZeroxx said:
Anyhoo, I understand that the shorter it is, the slower it goes... But I can't seem to get it below 32... Is there a way of editing the length?

I get it!

In toolbar:

1) There is a button "Stitch vertices", disable it first. Or vertices that are too close each other will merge.

2) Now, still in toolbar, "Grid settings...", and change the grid size x/y to 4, 3 or 2.

3) Edit the linedef you want

4) Enable "Stitch vertices" back (it's important)

5) Set "Grid settings..." with previous values.

Or...

1) Disable "Stitch vertices"

2) Disable "Snap to grid", this will allow you to edit without a grid.

3) Edit the linedef.

4) Enable "Stitch vertices" back

5) Enable "Snap to grid" back.

(Ezer'Arch & Co. helping you where you are \o/)

Ezer.Arch said:
xxZeroxx said:

I get it!

In toolbar:

1) There is a button "Stitch vertices", disable it first. Or vertices that are too close each other will merge.

2) Now, still in toolbar, "Grid settings...", and change the grid size x/y to 4, 3 or 2.

3) Edit the linedef you want

4) Enable "Stitch vertices" back (it's important)

5) Set "Grid settings..." with previous values.

Or...

1) Disable "Stitch vertices"

2) Disable "Snap to grid", this will allow you to edit without a grid.

3) Edit the linedef.

4) Enable "Stitch vertices" back

5) Enable "Snap to grid" back.

(Ezer'Arch & Co. helping you where you are \o/)
I used "Resize" after highlighting the specific LINEDEF.
Put it to 6% out of 100% (normal size) so its speed is just a bit under 4 (as 4 would be 6.25%). But that's good to know too.
Thanks to you too, SonicMaster. :P You're all great helps to this project. I greatly appreciate it. ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back