Yes, the SRB2 Wiki is being slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
If you're wondering why you might have been struggling to load up any page on the wiki in the last few days, do not fret, it's not (entirely) your internet's fault this time! I've been experiencing the issue myself, and so have others on 'fun. And yes, specifically the wiki is slow for some reason, other parts of the srb2.org domain seem to be fine. We're hoping of course that this issue will be dealt with soon, but for now I've put up this thread so people can know about it.

If you want to know what's going wrong exactly, this is what I know right now: there seems to be some sort of massive delay in responding to some of the HTTP requests (there are several HTTP requests involved in loading SRB2 wiki pages, just so you know). Oddly enough, the affected HTTP requests consistently take 70s or more to get a response. It may be a IPv4-specific issue possibly, but I can't be sure about that of course.

Last edited:
I'm concerned about how long this is going on, or if it's related, because for some unknown reason, T a p a t a l k has been really slow connecting to SRB2MB's server for the past few days. (The word T a p a t a l k is censored?)

Last edited:
#srb2fun said:
<Inuyasha> MI the problem is with the enire server
<Inuyasha> MediaWiki happens to be a giant resource hog so any problems are magnified

This probably also explains any problems with submitting posts on the SRB2MB lately (particularly that they take forever), for those of you who've also noticed.

Yeah i thought it was weird when i started to see duplicates of posts and it took odd timings to post

How about now?
Earlier today, it took over a minute to load the "Blue Spring" page (as an example). I just tested right now, and this time it took around 10 seconds. So it's only a little worse than normal now, I think. Edit: Also apparently it didn't try to post this comment for a long time before saying "site is offline" (despite the message being submitted within a few seconds), so... much better than earlier.

I think its ok now. I managed to get on wiki earlier today, but still a tad slow.

is the wiki faster now?
I put a copy of it on a new server, for now

What? I have no problem!
I am using Dial-Up, and it works just fine!
(200 weeks later)
still... slow... must... wait...

The SRB2 Wiki appears to be broken again (at least from my end): the sidebar is mostly missing, and any attempts to edit pages or upload files have had no success at all. =(

Broken for me also, the sidebar appears. But I got an error on my user page, logged out like it suggested. Now I get "Login error
SRB2 Wiki uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again." when trying to login again.

Last edited:
LoganA's fixed up all the problems I've reported, though I haven't tested logging in to the wiki yet. Anyone still having problems with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back