Help : Custom Texture/Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
(Before-all, I speak French. So It's hard talk. The software translator creates some errors vocabulary ...)

Hello, good evening.
As the title says, I have problems with textures and custom floors. They that I add to SRB2.
On the other hand, if there ever had this problem, guide me to the page that contains the solution. I may not be well searched. Finally.

--------- About flooring ------------

In my wad, I proceed to this, as the wiki.
Creation of lump "F_START."
Just below this lump, I put another lump, 8 letters / numbers do not correspond to any other existing texture. It contains my custom flooring.
In conclusion, creation of "F_END" just after the floor.
Until then, no worries.
I go SRB2 Doom Builder, I open my wad. I select any sector => right-click, and I chose the floor added.
It is now.
Then I tested the map with Doom Builder.
Et .. it seems that the texture is damaged. The floor bears the name of SEAFLR01. It represents the pebbles found on beaches ..
Look at this screen:

srb20000w.png

What should I do? Resize? Convert to a special image file?

----------- About wall textures -------------

I'll be direct. And incidentally reduce the size of my message.
I read the wiki on this subject.
I do not understand that in order to rename texture2 later etc. ...
The image "Doom Texture" is not even displayed in the list of textures SRB2 Doom Builder.
Someone can tell me what to create in what order? I really need to create my levels of competition and continue my mod.

Do not send me links SRB2 Wiki on the floors / custom texture.
I've already read.

Cordially,
Internet Explorer

A flat / floor must be a square. The horizontal size must be equal to the vertical size.
Also, the size must be a power of two, ie: 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, etc.

If you are using XWE, then:

Before you import the image, press the "Floor" button at the bottom of the window. This will tell XWE to treat your image as a floor, and not a wall texture. After, press the "All" button to return to normal.

OR

After importing the image, go to "Image" in the top menu and choose "Save as Doom Flat".

To add wall textures, you need to copy the "PNAMES" lump from srb2.srb. Also create a new lump, "TEXTURE2". XWE will recognize it as a texture lump.

After you import the image, go to "Image" in the top menu and choose "Add to Patch Names". The image will be added to "PNAMES", and is now a "patch" which can be used to create a texture.

Now, there is the lazy way, and the better way. If you choose the option "Add to Texture", a texture will be created in TEXTURE2, with your "patch".

OR

You can manually choose the TEXTURE2 lump, and choose "Add Texture". Choose a name and size for your texture. After, choose "Add Patch" to add a graphic to your texture. You can choose which graphic (you can use your "patch", or something already in SRB2, like GFZROCK), and you can choose the position. You can add many graphics to your texture.

A "patch" cannot be more than 255 pixels tall, so to make a big wall texture (ie: 256x256), you must break it into two or more (two 256x128 images, for example), and then join them in the TEXTURE2 lump.

Werehog: No, this is not the palette. However, there are about 50% of my problem was solved.

Neo Chaotikal: For Soil: Thanks! It was just the little "Save in flat doom" who did turn my floor texture weird! This is fixed! Thank you very much!
However, my walls are a little problem.
By launching SRB2 DB ... I received this message ...

WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish BLUEW2 W
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish BLUEW3 W
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish COMP4 IN
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish COMP5 IN
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish COMP6 IN
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish DCTOW 1
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish DCWIN1 W
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish DCWIN2 W
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish DIRTW RW
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish WEB1 W
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish BLUEW1 W
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish DIRT3 L1
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish DIRT4 L1
WARNING: Could not find the required patch lumpfish for the MMA AL11
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish MM9 AL11
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish MM8 AL11
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish DIRT2 11
WARNING: Could not find the required patch lumpfish for the RED1 4
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish RED2 4
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish RED3 4
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish YEL1 4
WARNING: Could not find the required patch lumpfish for the YEL2 4
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish YEL3 4
WARNING: Could not find the required for the patch lumpfish SEAWAL01

I ignored this ...
By placing the mouse on a wall, I see that my texture is not unknown to D. Builder! But when I test the map ...

sanstitresa.png

You know what I can do?

Regards.

I replaced my PNAME and it changed nothing. There is not something to use to introduce the patch, a case of P_START and P_END ? Because my image is considered by XWE as an "image" and not a "Patch".

Custom patches are harder to make than custom flats; there are more steps. You need not only a PNAMES lump, but also a TEXTURE2 lump. And you've got to add every wall image to both PNAMES and TEXTURE2.

I replaced my PNAME and it changed nothing.
Did you use "Add to Patch Names" and "Add to Texture" on all the patches?

There is not something to use to introduce the patch, a case of P_START and P_END ? Because my image is considered by XWE as an "image" and not a "Patch".
XWE tries to "guess" what an image is (a Patch, a Sprite, or a GFX) based on the name, or the marker lumps it's inserted into (P_START/P_END for Patch, S_START/S_END for Sprite). It has no influence on how SRB2 uses them.

Hmm ... there is a little ball ... why name the lump "TEXTURE2" and not "TEXTURE1"?
In fact, I created a "TEXTURE2" lump , that Neo Chaotikal say to me.
I also made a copy and paste PNAME.
Just after the PNAME placed at the bottom of the list, I create a patch containing the lump of my wall. Warning ! There is nothing between PNAME and lumpfish that contains the patch! No P_START or something!
I right click on the patch under PNAME: "Add to patch names".
Ok, no worries. The name of the patch appears at the bottom of the list.
... Then right click on the patch : "Add to Texture".
And there, display a "TEXTURE1" just after my patch, created by XWE. The patch did not appear in the TEXTURE2 that I created earlier.
The TEXTURE1 voluntarily XWE invented in the table contains all those textures with all original SRB2 with, all in down ... my wall, lost.
TEXTURE2 contains nothing at all.

Ideas? I wonder if my computer does not do it purposely, sometimes.

Hmm ... there is a little ball ... why name the lump "TEXTURE2" and not "TEXTURE1"?
Because TEXTURE1 is the lump that contains all the regular textures for SRB2. TEXTURE2 is a supplemental list that you can add anything new in. Actually, it is possible to use TEXTURE1 for this purpose, but you would have to add in all the regular textures manually, so TEXTURE2 saves a lot of hassle.

And there, display a "TEXTURE1" just after my patch, created by XWE. The patch did not appear in the TEXTURE2 that I created earlier.
The TEXTURE1 voluntarily XWE invented in the table contains all those textures with all original SRB2 with, all in down ... my wall, lost.
TEXTURE2 contains nothing at all.
Then this is the problem. Don't use the "Add to Texture" option, add each texture manually to TEXTURE2, like I said before. Or, just add all the textures and rename TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2 in the end.

why name the lump "TEXTURE2" and not "TEXTURE1"?
TEXTURE1 is already used by SRB2 for all the default textures. Naming your lump TEXTURE1 replaces it, and deletes all the old textures.

Then this is the problem. Don't use the "Add to Texture" option, add each texture manually to TEXTURE2, like I said before. Or, just add all the textures and rename TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2 in the end.

Can you quickly explain what angle you take "manually"? Left click on TEXTURE2 and "Replace Entry"?

Can you quickly explain what angle you take "manually"? Left click on TEXTURE2 and "Replace Entry"?
To add a texture manually, click the TEXTURE2 lump, pull down "Textures" and click "New". Then, set the appropriate dimensions, and either apply the PID or the lump name of the patch you want.

But actually, you don't have to create textures manually; there's another way to fix this problem. Before you click "Add to Textures", rename the texture lump from TEXTURE2 to TEXTURE1. Then, when you're done adding new textures, change the name back to TEXTURE2.

Last edited:
Select the TEXTURE2 lump. A new menu should appear at the top, where you can add new textures. Name the texture, set the size, then use the same menu to add a patch. Write in the name of your patch and it should appear on the texture.

I followed your advice to the letter. Creating texture2, renamed in TEXTURE1, adding texture to TEXTURE1, then rename in texture2.
The patch appears but I still receive this crazy bug in the launch of Doom Builder:

WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish BLUEW2 W
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish BLUEW3 W
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish COMP4 IN
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish COMP5 IN
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish COMP6 IN
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish DCTOW 1
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish DCWIN1 W
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish DCWIN2 W
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish DIRTW RW
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish WEB1 W
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish BLUEW1 W
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish DIRT3 L1
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish DIRT4 L1
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the MMA Lumpfish AL11
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the MM9 Lumpfish AL11
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish MM8 AL11
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish DIRT2 11
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the RED1 Lumpfish 4
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish RED2 4
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish RED3 4
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish YEL1 4
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish YEL2 4
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish YEL3 4
WARNING: Could not find the required patch for the Lumpfish SEAWAL01

I can not stand. I understand nothing.

EDIT : I copying and pasting another wad containing custom textures, and I changed the data according lump my textures, and as advised Fawfulfan and Neo Chaotikal.
Big thank you to you both...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back