Chaos Adventures Level pack Thord Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
This is my latest modfication. Chaos Adventures. It replaces the old levels with the levels I've made. I've only made 4 levels at the moment. Here's the progress list.

-Gold Oasis 1,2, and 3 are completed.
-Winter Hill act 1 complete, act 2 will be starting soon.
- Emblems are added.
- Level headers added.

The 7 worlds in my mod are based on some of my multiplayer levels, but different.

Well, here it is. If there's something you want to say, just say it, but no questions about thok barriers, yes they are on there. (only EHZ has not have one due to level progress, but have a look anyways)

Well, here's the mod then, have fun. I've tried hard to make this good too, the chaos emeralds are found in act 2 in the 7 worlds. 1 location for easy and normal, the 2nd location for hard and so on.

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=94c23dbee6d0ed1020f616352ccec661

New update, Some tweaks have been done. Winter Hill Beta version is complete for now (although designs and etc is still being done, Emerald falls incomplete act 1 is added.

The second beta was coming out, but due to the computer messing up, and I think I had it on my forum, then I forgot to release it on here, and not expecting computer problems.

SRB2 closes up whenever I try to add the wad ingame, and also just plain doesn't run when I try to use -file scr_chaosadventures.wad. A file in the WAD must be glitched up probably.

Titanium said:
SRB2 closes up whenever I try to add the wad ingame, and also just plain doesn't run when I try to use -file scr_chaosadventures.wad. A file in the WAD must be glitched up probably.

I'll Begin: unfortunatly no, I might add those levels for achieves.

Titanium: don't put the scr_chaosadventures.dat in the same folder as the wad is in the srb2 folder, or it won't run. Just put the wad (only the wad) in the folder where your srb2 is installed, the run it, It'll be fine.

Chaos said:
Bad data file, even when the gamedata file is or is NOT IN THE SRB2 FOLDER.

FAILURE

Did you even add only the wad file in the folder, not the datafile?, it works for others when I gave them the wad on MSN.

*ignores Chaos' comment*

Oh yeah I used notepad to make the data file.

Right, I've reuploaded the wad, it should work now, try the first link on the first post again.

Nope, it doesn't.

However, I took it apart and was able to play it, only after removing the seperate gamedata function.

Something you seemed to be avoiding was multiple starposts. The flags falue tells the game the order, so they appear in all difficulties.

Also, huge missing texture problem in MAP04.

Well, it seems to be fine with me :?, I don't know.

The only reason why I did that is I thought that if it was with the same tags, easy,medium,hard, and you tag a checkpoint, all checkpoints get tagged at the same time when the player touches it. I'm working on it when I get home from school in an hour.

And the missing texture part. All of them are fine, but I think I forgot to fill in one of the death pit textures, so when I get home, I'll sort it out then.

Right, a new update of my beta is up, sorry it took long, I've been revising for my school exams since I leave next friday.

Anyways, back to subject, new things are added.

- 7 Sol emeralds for a change (I edited the cyan one since it went transparent in XWE, I made it orange instead =P)
- Winter hill 2 is being made, although you can still complete the level to get to it's boss level (although at the moment it's a bit short so don't complain about a tiny level :?)

New link is on the first post.

Shy Dog, I'd tread lightly if I were you. Your levels aren't exactly godly either.

The first zone was dissapointing. Square textures like GFZROCK2 nearly demand use of 64 in level design. Also, you were using the GFZROCK flat, which contrasts greatly with GFZROCK2. While I know that GFZROCk doesn't have a corresponding flat, nothing's stopping you from importing it yourself. It makes a world of difference.

Winter Hill 2 sreamed out in terror to be killed. Terror!

And while the boss levels were generic, I realize that there's not really much to be done about boss arenas. Still....

And yeah, nice job making us wander through CEZ. : /

Shy Dog said:
Two words:

Terrible
Pitiful

Here's why:

a. Your bosses are entirely generic. No egg capsule. No SOC.
b. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7048/srb20017vo8.png
c. http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/1627/srb20021mq0.png
d. In WHZ2, I'd actually like to see where the **** I am.
e. I love Sunrise Mountain Zone 1. It looks just like CEZ1. Funny that, hmm?

Try again. [/url]

Uh, I have a clean new beta coming up actully. Due to my comp absolutely messing up, I had to not use the comp that's getting fixed soon with all my damn data on it.

About the WHZ act 2 missing textures, those we're a pain in the ass to fix, I could of swore I fixed those. They are now for definete.

So now, it's coming out. Give me a bit of a chance to get things sorted.

Try again.

Pfft, funny that, I'd be careful what you say, people can still say the same about you.

Right, the betas out now. Major stuff has been changed, for the lazy asses, it's here, and it's also on the first post. The updates are on the first post.

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=94c23dbee6d0ed1020f616352ccec661

Still needs GFZROCK2 as a flat.
Winter Hill 2's THZ Turrets make me feel warm and dead inside.
And while Emerald Falls looks nice, I can't seem to find much flow in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back