1024 Sega prototypes released by Drx!!!!!!!!!!OMGOMGOMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God 5 days delay >_> And it was even Digged :/

BTW, before you ask, there are several prototypes for most Sonic games but not Sonic 1, so don't even think in asking for it. Also, there are non-Sonic games and some aren't even from the Mega Drive.

About the Mega Drive ones, think in that DRX travelled back to the past and got an entire 1994-1995 SoA archive :P

Sik said:
Oh God 5 days delay >_> And it was even Digged :/

BTW, before you ask, there are several prototypes for most Sonic games but not Sonic 1, so don't even think in asking for it. Also, there are non-Sonic games and some aren't even from the Mega Drive.

About the Mega Drive ones, think in that DRX travelled back to the past and got an entire 1994-1995 SoA archive :P
Well, he is actually trying to buy a S1 beta XD

The Sonic 1 prototype was part of his original plans (in that pack there were only going to be 13 prototypes). Now, no idea how it expanded to hundreds (maybe it's another pack), but that added to some prototypes he also had before makes it huge.

You all better get a torrent client, because I highly doubt the mirrors will be up long enough before their bandwidth gets exceeded, not to mention some of them will only have the Mega Drive Sonic prototypes, not all of them.

So far I've only tested the Knuckles' Chaotix and Sonic 2 builds.
The earliest Chaotix build in this collection (Dec 07, 1994) is named in some places Chaotix and in other Knuckles' Ringstar.
That's very interesting in my opinion, it's a shame most of these builds are very buggy (some so much to be almost unplayable).
The earliest Sonic 2 build in the collection has a title screen that's a mix of Sonic 2 beta and Sonic 2 final. The bg is from the beta, the Sonic&Tails image is from the final. Another build in the collection that is of three days later than this has got a title screen very similiar to the final.
It's awesome that these builds got released, but many are of no interest being very close to the final imho. Those are more like release candidates, than prototypes.
There are many builds that are interesting, though.

sonic3dsaturnlazyeyecq5.png

Best thing to come out of any of these protos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back