Member Purge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say, but I actually agree. There are over 950 "members" with no posts on them. Money is on how many of them are bots. =P

I was talking about the useless TOPICS or threads whatever you call them, I hope you knew that. It IS possible for the mods to delete threads completely as opposed to just locking them...right?

Yes, but sometimes even locked topics serve a purpose after being locked. Many of them just for a good laugh, but some actually have good references later on. I've used locked topics to convey purposes in the past. I don't doubt that people will use them to do the same later, too. There's no point to deleting them.

And any topic locked because someone was breaking a rule serves as a point to everyone else what NOT to do.

Anyways, member stats:

So far we have 1086 members with AT LEAST one post.

We have 505 members with 10 or more posts.

And we have 296 members with over 30 posts.

In total we have 2117 members.

Sad.

JJames19119 said:
And any topic locked because someone was breaking a rule serves as a point to everyone else what NOT to do.

Anyways, member stats:

Sad.

1031 with no posts, I agree, Sad.

JJames19119 said:

Anyways, member stats:

Sad.
Only 296 with over 30 posts, whao, this is really sad, but how could any of us help to stop it?

camo man said:
JJames19119 said:

Anyways, member stats:

Sad.
Only 296 with over 30 posts, whao, this is really sad, but how could any of us help to stop it?

I don't know.

Quite simply, you can't.

It's pathetic, yes, but nothing can really be "done" about it.

Dark Warrior said:
Quite simply, you can't.

Unfortunatly, I think you are right and that we may be doomed to hundreds of more perge users in the new year.

camo man said:
Dark Warrior said:
Quite simply, you can't.

Unfortunatly, I think you are right and that we may be doomed to hundreds of more perge users in the new year.

Well there is that one possibility unfortunatly I didn't (like i always don't ) understand the question.

The problem is scale. It hasn't been dealt with in a good while, and all member purges were done manually. There is no script that does it. Henceforth I would have to manually delete over 1000 accounts, which simply isn't going to happen.

Mystic said:
The problem is scale. It hasn't been dealt with in a good while, and all member purges were done manually. There is no script that does it. Henceforth I would have to manually delete over 1000 accounts, which simply isn't going to happen.

I figured you'd say something like that.

Bouncey said:
Why did you bump this...
Why do you people not understand that bumping is not against the rules...

No, seriously. It doesn't say anywhere in the rules that you can't do it. Lay off, man. <_<

Mystic said:
Gack... I can understand how tedious that can be, though to a smaller scale. On my forum, the visual confirmation thing, uh... disabled itself somehow, allowing bots to get, and as time built up, I had about seventy accounts of them. <_<;;

When I'd have time, I could delete about 200 accounts just to give a helping hand... but that can only be done by admins, so meh. XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 1, Guests: 2)

Back